A couple of "small" issues :p

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
echodelta32
Airman Basic

A couple of "small" issues :p

Post by echodelta32 »

Hi all,
Apologies for my first post being a troubleshooting one, but I've been searching everywhere to try and fix this myself. One of the first times I've had to admit defeat and ask for help :D

I'm running P3D 2.3 and everything has been pretty good. Very few addons installed (Active Sky Next P3D 2.3 Beta, Aerosoft Extended A320/321) Both work as intended.

Not certain if this was a P3D 2.3 issue or not, as the Spitfire + Accusim worked perfectly with 2.2

Now, onto the problem and it's a strange one: Spitfire loads up fine visually, but the engine is heard to be running in spot view. Prop isn't turning, but engine is running.....

Back to cockpit view....no engine sounds at all and all gauges reading 0. Prop is stationary, but advancing my throttle makes the aircraft move....interestingly, the in-cockpit throttle has no effect at all.

All of this was before installing the core update which I only found yesterday. Before installing the update, I had access to the hangar but the aircraft started out as pretty much destroyed and 'complete overhaul/repeatedly clicking the text' had no effect at all.

Now I've installed the update, I can't even get in the hangar. Gives me the red message (even when i've confirmed the A/C is on the ground and the engine is off) and 'click to bypass' does nothing at all. In addition, the fuel/payload page appears slightly broken. Can't change fuel load or pilot weight. Ammunition can be added or taken away, but has no effect on the weight. Also, the payload weight is shown as '-261lbs' and doesn't change.

As you can see, it's a puzzle. I've reinstalled P3D from scratch, then installed the Spitfire, then the accusim package and finally the core update. All of these were installed using 'run as administrator' and P3D was installed in the root directory rather than Program Files.

I've gone through the P3D redist directory and made sure the SP1 and SP2 simconnect files are installed (again, all installed with admin function). Each time the A2A installer tried to install DirectX, it stated a newer version had been found.

To finish, I'm running Windows 7 x64, have also downloaded the latest FSUIPC for P3D and I am now completely and utterly lost....

HELP! :D ...and thanks for reading what probably looks like chicken scratch...I think my eyes have been boiled by the time I've spent on fixing this error.

echodelta32
Airman Basic

Re: A couple of "small" issues :p

Post by echodelta32 »

B*gger....just re-read the Core update sticky and noticed the line about the Spitfire being screwed by the main updater...downloaded the 'fixed' version and all is now well

Just wish I'd read that after writing War and Peace....back to beating up Biggin in the best Spitfire sim ever (and then i'll try getting the B17 to play nicely...)

Thanks for all your hard work in creating these remarkably accurate aircraft :)

NickD
Airman First Class

Post by NickD »

You've described some issues I've had under this thread...http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 3d#p311348

Have to have a look for the 'fix' you mention...
Regards,

Nick

NickD
Airman First Class

Post by NickD »

Downloaded the Spit only update...

Problems sorted, so much time and naughty words said!! I wish I'd seen this earlier...like day before yesterday!
Regards,

Nick

mattcurry
Airman Basic

Post by mattcurry »

In the words of Homer Simpson: Doh!

I have spent all day trying to fix my spit and only just read this. I will try downloading the fix and see what happens.

Matt

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”