HOW TO TURN ACCUSIM OFF ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: HOW TO TURN ACCUSIM OFF ?

Post by CodyValkyrie »

To add to Dudley, remember this is a MKIa/MKII package. These are rather temperamental planes to begin with until you understand how they are meant to be flown. The single biggest issue on these baby spits is the barely adequate cooling system. If you have specific issues or can help direct us to your issue, we can do much more to try to assist you.

If you wish to uninstall Accu-Sim, uninstall the entire product then simply install the portion without Accu-Sim. I'm not if it has a specific uninstall for the Accu-Sim itself (which it may have), as I am unable to check it at this time.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mkjordan
Senior Airman

Post by mkjordan »

Why would anyone want to turn accusim off :shock: it's the whole fun of flying these birds.
I second CodyValkyrie, the early Spits were temperamental, you couldn't just take any pilot and sit them in a Spitfire which is why the Royal Air Force had difficulty in finding enough pilots during the Battle of Britain.

M. Jordan

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Hi Dudley. Ok, let me explain a little better why I have issues with Accusim and the Spit. Sadly, the model is un-armed so that rather limits what you can do with it, once airborne, what are your options ? fly from point A to point B? fly around aimlesly sightseeing? or do as I love to do, crank the speakers, switch to tower view, zoom in and enjoy doing aerobatics over the field and enjoy the aircraft and the wonderfull Merlin sounds. I like to re create the nostalgic Spitfire "Airshow experience" that I enjoyed so much as a youngster growing up with the RAF and more recent years at Duxford. You can do it in spot view at higher altitude with lower ambient temps, but only to a point and the experience is not nearly the same. My sim settings of choice are always, summer, fair weather and a mid day flight. I stay below cloud base so tower view functions nicely. As you know, doing aerobatics needs a good dose of power so with my settings and Accusim enabled, radiator fully open, levels topped up before flight, summer grade oil & fuel, hangar checked over, still, within minutes the engine is boiling and hissing steam and its all over. Further, the sound of what I assume is airframe stress and buffeting during high G manouvers can be heard in tower view when the aircraft is half a mile away ! thats not realistic is it ? In cockpit view thats fine. Im sorry but this got rather tedious very quickly and took the fun out of what I was doing. On landing, anything more than an "Angels kiss" on the runway the gear is damaged or collapses. I am fully aware that in reality the Spit had an inadequate cooling system and the gear needed lots of respect, but I feel it has been over modeled with Accusim. I have been flying all weekend with Accusim disabled and the whole aerobatic experience is far more enjoyable, the fun is back in it and thats what it all about, for me anyway. When the Spit is coming straight towards you in tower view at full power, it is quite awesome as it goes overhead, gives me goose pimples !

For arguments sake, lets say that Accusim has not been over modeled and it is spot on, I'm kind of OK with that but it is not for me, not the way I like to fly it. If, as you say, you have flown the Spit, why not consider writing a flying guide on here on how to fly a full and exiting aerobatic display at airshow altitudes with Accusim enabled without cooking it ? I would welcome it and I am sure I am not alone! We all have different PC set ups and different flying habits and its all really a case of tweaking things untill the flying experience works positively for the individual. I am sure the A2A team are very proud of the Accusim Spit, and rightly so, the awards and acclaim are well deserved, you have raised the bar to a new level, and I would congratulate everyone involved. I hope you will take my comments in the spirit in which they are meant in that it is constructive feed back for consideration in future up dates. Maybe a compromise on the Accusim settings will result in more happy customers and less posts in the forum, especially on the overheating issue. I would like to hear from anyone reading this, please chime in, it doesnt matter if you agree or disagree, I would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

So there you go Dudley, hope this gives you a better understanding of my issue. I do have other issues regarding the Spits armament but I will leave it for another time, I will however leave you with this ..... would you model a sim of a Cheiftain tank without a working gun ? of course not ! Food for thought.

Please feel free to bring this to the teams attention, would love to hear their take on this. One thing that is clear from trawling through the forum threads is that the A2A team actualy do care about the product and what people think about it, the team passion comes accross in the product and the forum. I know that this post will be read and discussed and that is quite refreshing in this day and age.

Sincerly, Buster.
Last edited by Busterbvi on 04 Sep 2012, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
HTPC. HX750 PSU. Asus Z87 Pro. i7 4770k. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB SSD (Boot) 1TB SSD (Storage) GTX 980ti SC. Win 7 / 64 bit. Yamaha RX-V 673
AVR. BenQ W1070 PJ. 120" Screen. Energy 7.1 Surround. Serving wench & Lap dancing facilities.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Busterbvi wrote: If, as you say, you have flown the Spit,

Sincerly, Buster.
For your reading pleasure Buster :-)
http://www.migman.com/pax/Henriques/Henriques.php
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

mkjordan
Senior Airman

Post by mkjordan »

Hi Busterbvi
I think you need a second monitor showing the guages as you fly, do you think that an airshow pilot doesn't keep his eyes firmly on his instruments?
Aerobatics have to be learned and practiced to precision. I would recomend that you try the challenge of doing these aerobatics in the cockpit, keeping all of the guages within their limits. Afterwards you can watch your performance from the tower in the playback.

"radiator fully open".... The radiator causes drag in the air, you should only have it fully open on the ground, as you take off or on final approach.

You are probably right when you say Accusim is not for you as you want to experience the Spit as a spectator and not as a pilot, Accusim is designed by pilots for pilots.

M. Jordan

Daddy Bear
Airman

Post by Daddy Bear »

Can I just add also that the A2A Spit, as are all FSX add-ons, generally unarmed. That is the nature of the core program. Those that do 'model' armament only really mimic it and personally speaking leave me underwhelmed.

I can appreciate the fun of airshow routines but it seems a shame to limit yourself to this one activity. Afterall, the modern day owner/operators of old warbirds don't fly these thing so that they can view their activity from the tower and they do not ordinarily lament the absence of working guns.

I have to say that I only have the P51 at the moment, with accusim, I have a nice line up of Real Air Simulation Spitfires in my hanger and although A2A pips them in the realism stakes they are not far off the mark. Also, being late war Spitfires they are far more refined than the early war Spits, maybe you should give them a try. They are not modeled to the nth degree as are the A2A accusim models. That said I still want an early war Spit in my hanger and when the time comes I expect it will be the A2A version with accusim.

But I would encourage you to stick with it. It would be far more rewarding I reckon if you could perfect your airshow routines, in the cockpit and learn to do so within the operating limits of the aircraft. The pay off would be in how smooth and polished the end result would be and you get a feel for how to fly the real thing.

Phil F

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

So accu sim can definitely be turned off with "damage off" then ? and it would then fly as a non accu sim version of the same plane ?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Accu-Sim isn't turned off so to speak when using the DAMAGE ON / OFF button, just the areas of the code that simulate wear and failures is bypassed and all components are set to good condition.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Busterbvi wrote:
Hi Dudley. Ok, let me explain a little better why I have issues with Accusim and the Spit.
Buster;

Here's a link to an old tutorial on doing a display in a real Mustang I did for Simflight years ago.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ZDKc ... sp=sharing

Most of it holds true for a prop fighter display with the exception that in the early Spits you really had to keep an eye on the coolant temps if the display involved repeated vertical maneuvering such as done at Duxford.
The Spit was much more temperamental to coolant temp than was the 51.
I hope this helps you enjoy the Spit a bit more. It's really a fine program.
Just remember, if maneuvering these prop fighters such as in a display you are never really pulling over 4g's. The routines are very energy dependent which means airspeed control.
Dudley Henriques

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi
This thread has been dead since 2012 until stiggron opened it I know not why.The original poster wanted "The guns to work " and to be able to watch his aerobatics easily!!!
Yes well heigh ho.
Cheers Chris

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

speedy70 wrote:Hi
This thread has been dead since 2012 until stiggron opened it I know not why.The original poster wanted "The guns to work " and to be able to watch his aerobatics easily!!!
Yes well heigh ho.
Cheers Chris
Simple.
The thread is about turning accu-sim off (hence the thread title) and several posters said that if you turn damage off it turns accu sim off.

I then asked if it was indeed the case and Scott replied to make it clear so everything is now clear and correct and perfectly in line with the thread topic.

So now it is pretty much closed unless someone else replies :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”