Update Problem in FSX:SE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ivanr
Airman Basic

Update Problem in FSX:SE

Post by ivanr »

Hi Tech Support.

I have removed my FSX boxed edition and installed FSX:SE on my PC
Now before on the Boxed edtion my Spitfire was running perfectly.

I am now having issues with my Spitfire when I try and install the latest update (A2A_Update_03_29_16.zip)

Just installing the Spitfire and ACCu-sim base package the Spitfire works fine. As soon as I install the update. I get teh following problems
1. No switched work or do anything when I press them
2. No cockpit sounds
3. None of the options work in the Shift+(number) keys.

I have checked the integretity of FSX:SE files and have also made sure all the Simmconnect legacy files are installed.
There must be something in that upgrade that is causing the Spitfire to malfunction.

Is there a work around or anything else I should be doing?

Please help me!

ivanr
Airman Basic

Re: Update Problem in FSX:SE

Post by ivanr »

OK, I found a work around.

I manually installed the Spitfite only update as in this following posts.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 9&start=60
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=47474

When I ran the update it was noted that quite a few files were being installed into the A2A spitfire folder.
I did not notice all this files being updated when I ran the A2A_Update_03_29_16.zip before.

Also when I selected the aircraft from the FSX menu i was able to select from "A2A supermarine" before it was just "supermarine"

So how come the manual Spitfire only update install worked and not the core A2A_Update_03_29_16.zip update installer?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I just tested and all working OK for me in FSX: Steam edition.

Did you restart the machine after installation of the parts, did you delete all of the previous FSX disc install and spitfire installation including the .dat files etc?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ivanr
Airman Basic

Post by ivanr »

Did you restart the machine after installation of the parts
No I did not reboot my PC after installing the parts, I'll try that next time.
did you delete all of the previous FSX disc install and spitfire installation including the .dat files etc?
Yes, I have deleted everything from my boxed edition so there is no way it could update in the old FSX folder, I have a seperate backup copy of my old boxed edition on another drive.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Can you apply the latest update (30/3) please and let us know if that fixes it?

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

ivanr
Airman Basic

Post by ivanr »

Hi Darryl

This is what I did.
Uninstalled everything for the A2A Spitfire

Installed;
Spitfire Base Files
Accu-Sim Base files
A2A_Update_03_30_16.EXE update file.
Reboot PC then load FSX:SE and spitfire from freeflight menu (Supermarine is in the Aircraft list)

I get the same problems as before, switches do not work, gauges do not work, no sounds, and none of the shift+num panels.

Uninstalled everything and re-installed these in order;
Spitfire Base Files
Accu-Sim Base files
Accu-Sim_Spitfire 07_15_2014.EXE update file (Many files were copied into the A2A folders)
A2A_Update_03_30_16.EXE update file (Only files client.wyc and dxwebsetup.exe were copied in, I do not know if this correct)
Reboot PC then load FSX:SE and Spitfire from freeflight menu (A2A Supermarine is now in the Aircraft list)
Everything is now working fine.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Thanks for that! It is always easier when the issue is repeatable.

It is being looked into.

cheers

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Euan Emblin
Airman First Class

Post by Euan Emblin »

I am using P3D v3.2 and had similar issues. I am on a fresh install of v3.2 with the Estonia Migration Tool and have just installed the spit, then accu-sim spit and finally the most recent updater. No sound, very little interactivity in the cockpit. In the P51 everything was fine, also the Cherokee and others. After running the older updater file from Scott posted earlier then the spit works properly and all the sound is back. Though I have to wonder whether I will be able to take advantage of the improvements in accu-sim since the date of this special file.

EDIT: I then ran the new updater file from this month and nothing was found to update so I assume that all is fine with the spit.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Euan Emblin wrote:I am using P3D v3.2 and had similar issues. I am on a fresh install of v3.2 with the Estonia Migration Tool and have just installed the spit, then accu-sim spit and finally the most recent updater. No sound, very little interactivity in the cockpit. In the P51 everything was fine, also the Cherokee and others. After running the older updater file from Scott posted earlier then the spit works properly and all the sound is back. Though I have to wonder whether I will be able to take advantage of the improvements in accu-sim since the date of this special file.

EDIT: I then ran the new updater file from this month and nothing was found to update so I assume that all is fine with the spit.
Sorry the FSX products are not supported in P3D.

thanks,
Lewis

ps, I'd wager money your issue lays here;
Estonia Migration Tool
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Euan Emblin
Airman First Class

Post by Euan Emblin »

Hello Lewis

Yes of course the FSX original products are not supported for P3D which is where the Migration Tool comes in. It works almost universally with just about everything I have found. It has only recently been updated for P3D v3.2 so there could be issues there of course in an early build but no matter. I got the Spitfire to work perfectly within P3D using the two updater files as mentioned and it's as wonderfully immersive as I knew it was going to be. Using ORBX I am currently enjoying a round robin of the old time airfields in the old 11 Group area. Take off from Southampton Intl and then onto Shoreham, Biggin Hill, Old Warden etc. Wizard.

It's a great product Lewis, thank you to all involved.

Euan

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”