Maintenance Hangar sound stays in-game

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Maintenance Hangar sound stays in-game

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Hello,

I've flown your nice Spitfire in P3Dv4 form and it's amazing.
I wanted to maybe help a bit by pointing out a small issue.

I've brought the Maintenance Hangar and made a propeller repair after a harsh landing.
And after closing the Maintenance Hangar i can still hear the ambiant sound of the hangar in the cockpit view or when using the outside view.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Maintenance Hangar sound stays in-game

Post by Killratio »

That IS strange!

I've not had it happen but I will point it out in beta and see if anyone can reproduce it.

Do you use an extra sound board or is it on the main board? Do you have a splitter running to a Buttkicker or anything like that?

Also, the 2D menus like Maintenance Hangar will stay active when opened...are you sure you closed the hangar and not just bought P3D main window to the top, covering it?

We'll get it sorted anyhow!

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Killratio wrote:That IS strange!

I've not had it happen but I will point it out in beta and see if anyone can reproduce it.

Do you use an extra sound board or is it on the main board? Do you have a splitter running to a Buttkicker or anything like that?

Also, the 2D menus like Maintenance Hangar will stay active when opened...are you sure you closed the hangar and not just bought P3D main window to the top, covering it?

We'll get it sorted anyhow!

regards

Darryl
Hi !

Thanks for the reply.

"Do you use an extra sound board or is it on the main board ?"
Having built my computer from scratch many years ago, i can safely say i'm using the main board sound chipset.

Do you have a splitter running to a Buttkicker or anything like that?
I have a basic headphone, plugged on the front aux jack of my computer (the front jack of the casing is wired to the motherboard, no special hardware device or sound augmentation). I know i have speakers plugged at the back of my computer (directly to the motherboard aux jack).
I have a software equalizer like most sound chipset and that's it.

are you sure you closed the hangar and not just bought P3D main window to the top, covering it?
I did close the hangar by both repeating the key combination (alt + 7) and using the cross on the top right of the 2D menu.
As far as bringing the P3D main window to the top, do you mean the bar menu at the top, that you can hide using "Hide Menu Bar" ?

Anyway, i'll check again tonight with more tests !

Thanks again.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marvin.

I've just double-checked this with my installation of the Spit and haven't been able to reproduce the issue. In each variant, the maintenance hangar sound is shut off when the hangar window is closed, whether this is via a mouse click on the 'x' or with the Shift 7 key combination.

Does your default P3D scenario use one of the default P3D aircraft? If you've saved the Spit to load with your default flight, then this could potentially cause some issues.

Thanks,
Nick

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Marvin.

I've just double-checked this with my installation of the Spit and haven't been able to reproduce the issue. In each variant, the maintenance hangar sound is shut off when the hangar window is closed, whether this is via a mouse click on the 'x' or with the Shift 7 key combination.

Does your default P3D scenario use one of the default P3D aircraft? If you've saved the Spit to load with your default flight, then this could potentially cause some issues.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yes when it happened yesterday it was after a plane crash, therefor P3D reloaded the default scenario with the F22 and i loaded the Spitfire from there.
I'm in a middle of a flight right now over Egypt and i did try to reproduce the issue on the ground, and nothing happened :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Marvin-E34 wrote:I'm in a middle of a flight right now over Egypt and i did try to reproduce the issue on the ground, and nothing happened :)
Hmm, maybe an odd one-off glitch then. Just to clarify, when you've subsequently opened the maintenance hangar, the issue hasn't reoccurred?

Thanks,
Nick

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Nick - A2A wrote:
Marvin-E34 wrote:I'm in a middle of a flight right now over Egypt and i did try to reproduce the issue on the ground, and nothing happened :)
Hmm, maybe an odd one-off glitch then. Just to clarify, when you've subsequently opened the maintenance hangar, the issue hasn't reoccurred?

Thanks,
Nick
Yes, no sign of the issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Marvin-E34 wrote:Yes, no sign of the issue.
Okay, that's good. :) Let us know if it occurs in future, especially if you're able to systematically reproduce it.

Cheers,
Nick

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

For what it's worth, I've rarely had this happen, except it's not limited to the Maintenance Hanger sound in particular. The FSX/P3D sound engine is rather finnicky and certain sounds will get "stuck" sometimes. Usually more ambient things like wind noise, but sometimes random other things. Pressing "q" twice (unless you rebound it) to mute and unmute the sound will fix it 99.9% of the time in my experience, so long as the sound is coming from FSX and not an addon making sounds externally (ASP4 or something.)

But I did have the maintenance hangar sound today in fact get stuck when I was mucking about trying to figure out what was wrong with the throttle (see my other thread) and a quick cycle of "q" sorted it out for me.

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”