Installer stuck on "Preparing files for removal"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SalamanderK
Airman Basic

Installer stuck on "Preparing files for removal"

Post by SalamanderK »

Hi chaps,

Just bought my first A2A add-on, the newly released Spitfire for P3D V4. Unfortunately I've been unable to install the aircraft due to the installer getting stuck on the following status:

Since the default installation path to the P3D V4 Addons folder failed, I figured I'd try a different path - same issue. I have never installed an A2A product before, so I am very confused as to why it is trying to remove files?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installer stuck on "Preparing files for removal"

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi SalamanderK,

Welcome to the A2A forums and sorry to hear you've had difficulties installing the Spit.

Please can you let us know if you have any anti-virus software running during installation, and if so, which provider?

Also, does the Windows user account you're installing from have administrator rights?

Thanks,
Nick

SalamanderK
Airman Basic

Post by SalamanderK »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the swift reply. Apologies, I ought to have included that in my original post. Am running Win7, no A/V active (only installed is MSE, which is disabled during any installation from a trusted source). Account is the administrator account, have tried setting compat. mode to "Run as Administrator for all users" - no difference.

Thanks again.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info.

MSE shouldn't cause any problem for the installer whether it's active or not and nearly all my testing of the installers has been with it active.

This isn't an issue that has ever appeared during beta testing or has been reported by previous customers. However, I've done a bit of research and please can you try the following during installation:

- Open Task manager.
- Find the cmd.exe process.
- Shut down the process.

Thanks,
Nick

SalamanderK
Airman Basic

Post by SalamanderK »

Thank you Nick - I did search around the AdvancedInstaller forums but didn't find anything useful - thankfully that worked for the initial extraction, however the DirectX installer that follows throws up this error:

Once "OK" is clicked, the DX runtime installation fails.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's interesting: the bundled DirectX installer is just the standard web installer provided by Microsoft. It's hard to be certain what's different about your system that has caused these error messages. Is your system connected to the internet during installation though? If you can post the content of those log files it may help to determine the problem too.

Most importantly, does the Spitfire now load successfully in Prepar3D? :)

Thanks,
Nick

SalamanderK
Airman Basic

Post by SalamanderK »

Hi Nick,

Couldn't find either of the listed log files in the windows folder/subfolders, or anywhere else for that matter! I assume something is seriously off with my system to be throwing up all these problems. Either way, it appears to be working fine in P3D so no complaints here - I'd write this one off to something strange about my particular system.

Thanks again for your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - thanks for the update and hope you enjoy the Spit. :) I'll certainly keep this fix in mind in case this issue crops up in future.

Kind regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”