Spit has turning issues?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Aceman
Airman First Class

Spit has turning issues?

Post by Aceman »

Hi Guys...

Ever since I upgraded to P3D v 4.3, I can not turn my spit on the taxi way. It was totally working fine before upgrading to 4.3 from 4.2. Anybody else having this issue? Maybe in my settings? I tried the lock and unlock the tail wheel but still the same problem.

Jason

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spit has turning issues?

Post by MarcE »

LOL

Sounds like Lockheed Martin have solved this bug that came up with 4.2... And it seems that A2A may have to "fix it back to original" now...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no issues, here. Double check your control mappings since the upgrade may have changed them for you or your input device settings in the P3D settings screens.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Note that this was not a bug introduced in 4.2. This was an old bug that was around since the beginning from FSX and was carried over in the initial branch of the code into P3D. I'm pretty sure that the change is going to be permanent. IIRC it was correcting an issue with incorrect units being used to input the rate of change of the steering axis.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the P3Dv4.3 client, according to P3D update instructions (uninstall the 4.2 client first, etc.). I also installed the latest and greatest Active Sky beta, which is supposed to work with P3Dv4.3. Hadn't flown the Spitfire yet, so as soon as I read the original post, I fired her up for a test flight. She turned perfectly, on the ground, and in the air, just like always. Flew a short hop from Arlington to Concrete, and all was well.

Seeya
ATB

Aceman
Airman First Class

Post by Aceman »

Hi Guys.. I am having some serious problems with P3D. I am hoping somebody can help me. Everything was just fine before the update. I can get my rudder to move back and forth and the front wheel turns but still goes straight. Is it a setting issue with P3D? I am using the CH pedals and yoke. I did delete the client P3D only and installed 4.3 My spitfire back wheel will not even pivot. Not even the default planes will turn correctly. :(

Jason

Aceman
Airman First Class

Post by Aceman »

FIXED IT!!! It was a unbelievable easy problem too fix. In EZDOK 2, there is a setting under edit processor. You turn off the ground shake effects completely! I can easily do a 360 sitting in one spot with the spit! Not good for the tires haha! I can now get back to flying this beauty! :P :P

Happy Flying!! Jason

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you are up and flying again. Happy simming in the virtual blue skies of 4.3 P3D.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”