Unable to install Update for Spitfire

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Unable to install Update for Spitfire

Post by Allenbynigel »

Hello,

Recently purchased my first A2A aircraft from JustFlight, the Spitfire, and have successfully installed and flown it in P3D v3.4 and I must say its a marked improvement over the JustFlight version!

However, on discovering the update on your Forum, I have no success in installing or updating the Spitfire as the installer freezes when the "Remove Update .exe" panel appears. After I cancel the install I then find that the Spitfire was unusable due to the mouse and CH Yoke being inoperable when selecting switches etc in the cockpit. I have to re-install the aircraft again to get it back to its flying state, have done this three times now.

I have added a few extra repaints to the aircraft and a new prop texture but have the same problem when trying to update the Spitfire in its default state.

Any help please?

Regards

Nigel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Unable to install Update for Spitfire

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Nigel - welcome to the A2A forums.

Please could you clarify exactly which product you've purchased from Just Flight? Currently we only sell versions of the A2A Spit (The Mk I and Mk II variants) for FSX and Prepar3D v4.

I'm just wondering if you've bought another product, or if you're trying to install the FSX Spit into P3Dv3 and then update it?

Thanks,
Nick

Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Post by Allenbynigel »

Hello Nick,

I’ve purchased the MkI & II FSX version and have successfully installed it into P3D v3.4.22.19868 and have so far flown 4.5 hours with one engine overheated!!

To install it I followed Poppit’s advice and copied the P3D exe.and renamed it FSX exe. and then placed it in the P3D main folder. I’ve done this successfully with other manufacturers aircraft.

Does that clarify things abit better?

Regards

Nigel

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Nigel,

The FSX is different to the P3D purchase. The update is for P3d only.
Different sim, different licence. The FSX version is not licenced for P3d, nor will it work properly in that sim.
The updates will only update the specific sim that the licence is for,

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Post by Allenbynigel »

Hi Darryl

I can see where you’re going with this and that there are a FSX and P3D v4 versions only of tha A2A Spitfire but when I was installing the update it asked me what version of P3D I had installed on my computer, v1, 2 and 3 So my thinking was that the update was compatible.

So the update is for pure FSX and P3D v4 only?

Regards

Nigel

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Hi Nigel,

Yes, the P3D update is 64 bit, the FSX still 32 Bit. Since P3d came out, people have "shoe horned" the Spitfire into it (myself included) but it was never officially supported. With the change in P3d 4 to 64 bit, the Accusim program did not work properly with it (as it was itself 32 bit).

So while people managed to get the Spit installed and running, it didn't work properly (even if they couldn't see the more subtle effects) and we spent a lot of Beta time (a few months) testing and bug reporting to get it going in 64 bit.

So the 18819 update is only for the 64 bit version. If you have fudged a 32 bit product in there, the update installer shouldn't recognise it as needing updating.

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Post by Allenbynigel »

Hi Darryl

OK, thanks for that info, I'm quite happy with the product and the way it runs so far, have not got the funds since I've retired to upgrade to the v4 64bit product so will stay with v3.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Nigel

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hello Nigel.

If you are running the older FSX WoP3 Spitfire in P3D v3, then don't forget to run the last on-line updater. Just direct it to your P3D v3 folder.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 19#p310847

She served me well in all versions of 2.xx and 3.xx. Even in v4 by some minor miracle, but don't count on that.

Steve.

Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Post by Allenbynigel »

Afternoon Steve,

This is the Update, A2A_Update_10_12_17 that I have been having the problems with, it keeps freezing when it reaches "Closing Processes" and after I eventually cancel the update program I find that the Spitfire is corrupt and have to re-install everything. Very frustrating!

Thanks anyway

Nigel

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Have you tried a full UN-install of the Spitfire and Accu-sim pack, followed by a manual deletion of any Spitfire folders and files left over? I would delete the folder <your documents>\A2A\FSX\Spitfire for one and the WoP3_Spitfire folder in 'Airplanes', if it is still there.

I also found in the past, that the Spitfire would not work properly in P3D, without having at least one P3D native A2A GA aircraft installed, prior to installing the FSX Spitfire.

If you've tried all this then sorry if it sounds like 'preaching to the converted'. :)

Steve.

Allenbynigel
Airman Basic

Post by Allenbynigel »

I have carried out what you suggested previously and having trolled through the threads in this Forum, and
I also found in the past, that the Spitfire would not work properly in P3D, without having at least one P3D native A2A GA aircraft installed, prior to installing the FSX Spitfire.
, is the crux of the matter!

So it looks like I will have to either live with as it stands or butter up the "strife" to let me spend some of her cash and purchase a P3D native A2A GA aircraft, The Texan perhaps?

Nigel

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Allenbynigel wrote:So it looks like I will have to either live with as it stands or butter up the "strife" to let me spend some of her cash and purchase a P3D native A2A GA aircraft, The Texan perhaps?

Nigel
I never tried the Texan by itself alongside the Spitfire. My favourite was to install at least the 172. One of the other GA also did the trick for me, like the 180, or 182, or 250.

Thinking about it, even when I installed the Spitfire by itself in P3D, it never did what you describe, freezing at the end like that after updating. It would work straight after a fresh install, but for me, after updating successfully everything would be frozen in the cockpit. No switches or animations. The engine sound would be there but the prop would not animate. My point being, that perhaps there is something else going on that may not be solved with another GA installed. You could be throwing good money after bad. Unfortunately there is only one way to find out.

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”