MAINTENANCE CAN NOT BE RESET

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HARLEY41
Airman

Post by HARLEY41 »

I am re installing my A2A aircraft into P3Dv4.3. Cherokee and other aircraft installed into the default files and work as intended. The new Spitfire loaded into the default files appears in P3v4.3 but the old maintenance details appear and cannot be deleted in the normal way. Can you advise how to delete the maintenance details so that the aircraft is flyable. Is there a file that you can identify where the old maintenance information is kept so that it can be deleted? Many thanks, Harley Price

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The should be in computer\ Documents\ A2A\FSX or P3D\Spitfire

Erasing the .dat files will leave you with a fresh aircraft.

Which brings up another question...in P3Dv4 is it okay for that folder to remain as FSX or should the entire be deleted and a new one (I assume) titled P3D be allowed to populate?

Sorry Harley, I hope you don’t mind if I ask this question. I can move it out if you wish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: MAINTENANCE CAN NOT BE RESET

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello guys,

Just to clarify a bit, even for Prepar3D users, the "Documents\A2A\FSX" folder is the one where aircraft *.dat files are kept. This is to allow aircraft states to be shared between both sims.

Harley - this means that to revert all your P3D Spits back to 'brand new' status, you just need to delete the entire "\Documents\A2A\FSX\Spitfire" folder.

Thanks,
Nick

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Thanks Nick, and again, apologies Harley for inserting another question in with yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HARLEY41
Airman

Post by HARLEY41 »

Thank you.. Removing the file "\Documents\A2A\FSX\Spitfire" seems to be the fix that works for me.Best wishes.HARLEY41

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”