VRS Tacpack for A2A War birds

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
NATOPS
Airman Basic

VRS Tacpack for A2A War birds

Post by NATOPS »

Hi guy's as I sure you all know VRS has released the SDK for there weapons Tacpack & has already bean installed on the F35 & soon to be the F14 & IRIS A10. I know allot of virtual pilots myself included would love to have a weapons ready P51 or Spitfire , Hell all the wars birds for that matter.. So my point is are we going to get this wonderful chance to have a real dog fight with our A2A warbirds using VRS Tacpack & if not , why not ..?? :D

lennycutler
Airman Basic

Re: VRS Tacpack for A2A War birds

Post by lennycutler »

Although I would love to see A2A's Warbirds Tacpack capable....I am not sure if there would be some conflicts. VRS indicates that Tacpack runs best with collision damage off....and A2A documentation suggests that full realism settings be set to the max....

So, perhaps there would be no great downside if A2A products had mostly full realism except for the collision damage being turned off via Tacpack?

But...if this could work, it would be an incentive for A2A to gain more customers (those who would just love to engage objects with weapons - in the A2A P-51, P-40, P-47) in an FSX environment.

Miseco
Airman Basic

Post by Miseco »

Hello everybody
Well, it seems I'm not the first one who noticed that there's only one thing A2A planes lack -weapons. A2A birds are second to none - hats off to gentlemen who put in a lot of effort to make them this way. However, there's still "an empty slot". Since I've been flying the VRS Superhornet+TacPack for some time already I can tell everyone how tremendous difference it makes to have the possibility to fully ( :wink: ) use a fighter. A Spitfire is not a plane for VATSIM (no navigation aids) - its purpose and sole reason to exist is to KILL. It simply begs for what TacPack offers for free. And please, don't make the "it's a simulator, not a shooter" type of a mistake. It is a simulator - first you study the documentation, learn the cockpit, checklists, than - take offs and landings, then some in-flight manouvers. But there's one ultimate goal, one crown of all this - to dive and to open fire and destroy that unlucky bastard. How can you learn to attack properly if you cannot press the button and see him going down in flames? What about the feeling "one simply CANNOT do anything more realistic, as long as they are not in a real Spit"? Another thing is - and I suppose the developers should agree - new customers. A lot, lot more people would buy the product with TacPac implemented. VRS Superbug+ Tacpack gave a lot of virtual pilots the possibility to join virtual squadrons and to practicse things that were not possible couple of years ago. So, pleeeeeeez, we want it badly !!!! :wink:

Warbird
Airman Basic

Post by Warbird »

so ....
i knows that there is a lot of persons interested by the Tac Pack ....
why don't do it yourself ? there is a SDK for it :mrgreen:
seriousely , me and some friends are addicted to A2A planes and we done it , it's in developpement but it work :mrgreen:
we have some little problems with the sound of the gun and to put differents sort of (the VRS trigger doesn't want to fire le 0.50 and 20 mm together ) but we trying to solve it
the next challenge is to drop bombs from the B-17 :mrgreen:

I want to reassure owners A2A, these tests have only one goal, to redo several historic missions are choosing camp, playground offered FSX is huge compared to Il2 1946 (j ''ve driven in large squadron during the year) and has no commercial purpose

Warbird

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

I understand that this is an old thread.

But, may I request an official response from the dev's on this subject.

It really will be nice if they update A2A fighter/bombers to be Tacpac compatible. I'm sure the issue would have been discussed inhouse. Would the dev's like to share their view on the issue.

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mickey,

No plans at the moment for this. Things are always fluid though so in the future who knows.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

The only thing that I can add here is that assuming you don't ever want to ask A2A for support, the VRS message board (and the TacPack wiki also) has instructions as to how to simply add a machine gun to any FSX aircraft. As to bombs and missiles, that is a task only for the aircraft developer.

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

Lewis - A2A wrote:.............No plans at the moment for this. Things are always fluid though so in the future who knows.................
Fair enough!

Thank you for the update.

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

jabloomf1230 wrote:.................. assuming you don't ever want to ask A2A for support..................
Very candid jabloomf1230.... :D
That would be a 'big' assumption.

Till date I haven't felt a need for any support on anything A2A have put out. On a rare occasion, if I had an issue, someone on these forums had already asked for a resolution, and there were already solutions available for me to take care of it. But, that is not to say, in the future also, it would work out the same way.

Yeah, I'm aware that quite a few folks over at VRS forums have undertaken to mod the A2A airplanes to accommodate working guns.....however, I have chosen not to tread that path, yet.

I use A2A and VRS products for the total realism and hi fidelity simulation that these models provide. So, "work arounds" won't work for me. It's an "all or nothing" kinda deal for me.

I will wait till A2A decide to bite the bullet and provide a full integration of TP. With release of FSX@War on the horizon now, I've a feeling, it WILL happen. It (the integration) can only be delayed, not avoided 8)
If not this Christmas, maybe, by the next.

Cheers.

Thank you for your advice though.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”