Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Discover-US: PAYA to PAVD, Sat, Aug 25th

Post by Zoolander64 »

EVENT: Discover-US Group Fun Flights: PAYA to PAVD
TIME: Saturday, Aug 25th, 8a PST, 11p EST, 1500 UTC

FLIGHT DETAILS: https://skyvector.com/?ll=60.8156381133 ... ACV%20PAVD

Greetings Aviators,

Feel like some fun Saturday morning Alaska flying? We would be honored to have your flying presence with our continuation of the Discover-US flight series. We are enjoying a set of flights that tour around United States, landing at least one airport per state. Currently in Alaska enjoying what is left of the dwindling daylight. We do these real time & real weather and you fly whatever you feel is appropriate. We recommend something that can handle the terrain, weather and be able to do some low and slow sightseeing. We have several that take the A2A Comanche, A2A 172/182 and my current favorite the outstanding A2A Spitfire!

Note: We suggest getting connected before the event in order to make sure your headset fully works, and get familiar with DTP. We appreciate your understanding that we start promptly on time, but okay if you are a bit late and still want to fly the route.

The entire series can be found here: http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.com/p/ ... er-us.html

###
For those not yet in-the-know, DigitalThemePark is a multi-gaming community of virtual citizens. Since 2002, it provides the organization and congregation of gamers through the use Voice-over IP (TeamSpeak 3), while promoting the interests of gaming, software, and hardware. DigitalThemePark Flight Division uses dedicated servers "in-the-cloud" for TeamSpeak3, JoinFS and DCS World.
-Todd, aka Zoolander64
Staff Member at DigitalThemePark
Connect TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Discover-US: PAYA to PAVD, Sat, Aug 25th

Post by Paughco »

Thank you for the invitation, but I had to pass. Usually I ride motorcycles on Saturdays and participate in MP flights on Sundays. I do other stuff on weekends also, such as haul stuff to the dump, mow the moss and dandelions and such, but the riding and MP flying are the highlights.

Also, I've gotten in the groove on the JoinFS/Skypark server, and comms through Discord. It's easy, peasy and I know how to do it. I've looked at the procedure for using TeamSpeak on the DC-3 Airways web site, and it looks too complicated. Maybe that's because the instructions look so intimidating. I know that if you write instructions too briefly, you might leave out something important, so there is a tendency to go the other way and get extremely detailed. The only bummer with that is, folks look at it and think that it must be a big hassle, and move on without trying it. Guess I'm in that group, because I've missed a ton of possibly cool DC-3 Airways MP flights.

I really do enjoy our Sunday flights. It's a little bit like riding motorcycles with pals on a nice road, only no cops and no chance of road rash. OK, I gotta go and start getting my Spitfire ready for a mission over Southern England and Northern France.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”