February 3 Group Flight - Sixes in Afghanistan

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

February 3 Group Flight - Sixes in Afghanistan

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Unless somebody comes up with something better, I'm thinking we maintain our proficiency in flying the T-6. What better place than friendly Afghanistan? Here's the mission profile, from SkyVector:

Distance is 208 nm.
Meet at: OAIX, Bagram Airport.
Start time is 1900 Zulu (11am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1pm Central, 2pm Eastern, 7pm GMT, 8pm CET . . . and 8am Monday, NZDT).
Connect on The Skypark on JoinFS.
Comms through the A2A channel on Discord.

I think we want to stay low during the flight and use terrain masking whenever possible. Touch and goes at all waypoints.

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: February 3 Group Flight - Sixes in Afghanistan

Post by ratty »

Works for me! Oddly enough, I was working on a flight plan in this area a few weeks ago; almost exactly the same route, but east to west. I notice there's a huge difference between Flight Sim's version of Bagram air base and how it looks today.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I took a look at the route and found that "staying low" and following the rivers and valleys only adds about 25 miles to the flight. If anyone has to, they can bail at Peshawar before our high-speed dash across the Valley of Peshawar to Saidu Sharif.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Guys! I have to attend the Washington State BMW Riders meeting this Sunday! The meeting is at Bob's Burgers in Tulalip and starts at 0930. We always get there at 0900 for the opening of the restaurant and do the breakfast buffet. If I can get out of there a bit early I'll make it home in time to fly. I feel kinda bad about missing a mission, but I have to go to this WSBMWR meeting. At least that's the way it's looking now. One thing adding to the uncertainty factor is that there is the possibility of SNOW on Sunday. I'll drive my truck up to the meeting in Tulalip if there's a "chance" of snow, or if we have a light dusting up here in the hills and it's clear in the Valley, but no way will I go out there if it's inches deep everywhere.

So if I'm not here at form-up, please take off without me. I'll get my stuff together upon return and do a "follow" to join you guys. Watch out for the RPGs!

Indecision is the key to flexibility!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”