COS problem. .

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
VAL067
Airman

COS problem. .

Post by VAL067 »

Hi guys I want to know if anyone can help me..I recently purchased the COS add on along with the plane all installed well..My problem is that whenever I load passengers career mode greys out..I have seen a previous post on here concerning this situation but I didn't see any resolution. .I have tried different scenarios and it still does the same thing. .Please help as I love flying this plane but without career mode it seems a bit of a waste. Thanks Val

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: COS problem. .

Post by Jacques »

Hi Val,

When the first passenger loads, my "Career On" button also greys out as well. By that I assume you mean the button on the shift+ 3 2d panel. You also use this button to turn career mode on and off. It greys out so you don't mistakenly choose "career off" in the middle of a flight. If you click on shift+9 you will bring up your career progress. If you bring this up after you select your payload presets to load the aircraft, it should be blank in some spots to record your current flight. After you have finished your flight, you then need to press the "unload" button on the shift+4 panel to complete the flight. If you don't push this, your passengers will not disembark, you won't complete the flight and your career will never start!
If this isn't helpful, can you carefully describe your process for loading a flight, in the 377, in career mode on, so that Lewis, myself, or others might spot where the problem might be?

One other thing, this button will stay greyed out until you end the flight in FSX and start a new one in your default plane. When you start a new flight and choose the 377, it will reset so you can choose career on or off, and then choose your passenger load again.

JP

VAL067
Airman

Post by VAL067 »

Ok ...that sounds legit..I will check my career and see if my last flight registered as I did unload passengers but thinking it was glitchy I didn't bother..lols. Can you also tell me everytime I load aircraft its always running even if I shut it down previous flight..I don't mind this on my other A2A Plane's but I xNt have plane running when loading passengers right.?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

COS problem. .

Post by Jacques »

Hi Val,

Are you saying that every time you load up the 377 it already has engines turning? Or, are you asking if career mode on or off is persistent from one day to the next. Second possibility first, yes, if you have career mode on that is how it will load the next time. Same if it is off, it will load as off.

If, on the other hand you are asking if engines should be running, the answer is no. I've never tried to load passengers with the engines running, but I don't think that would help your career! With complex add-ons like all of A2A aircraft, you should load a default flight first. I always load that flight and make sure engine is off and all switches, battery, etc is off. Then I load A2A aircraft. Then, if you want the engines to just be on without going through procedures, just hit "auto-start". Failure to load a default flight first can result in any manner of strange occurrences within the sim.

JP

VAL067
Airman

Post by VAL067 »

Thanks JP for all your help..All is good my flight was recorded and just taking this gem on a marathon flight still aircraft starts up with engines running but its no big deal...this is my 5th A2A plane and Im over the moon..best planes and best support...Thanks again..

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Val,

Great that everything else is working! She is a great aircraft!
You should still be able to get her to load with everything off by first loading the default flight with everything off first, then moving it to your origin airport, then loading the 377. I guess you could also press the cold and dark button in the 2d panel to kill the engines. But loading up with the engines running is a bit worrisome to me! As long as you're happy with it, though. That's the main point! :)

JP

VAL067
Airman

Post by VAL067 »

All cool JP...got it loading cold and dark... and yes its a wonderful aircraft.. Will post some screen shots up soon on here and FTX forums ..Thanks again. .

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That is really great, I'm just happy you got it sorted!

JP

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”