Post by ThomasAH »

Good news, thank you!

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: No throttle control after reverse

Post by Styggron »

Very positive outcomes so far.
I've PMd Scott with my test results.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I just did 3 landings, reversers worked every time. I'll do some more testing later today.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I did some test flights and a career mode flight and it seems to work like a charm now. The throttle and the rpm still judder a bit when reverse is engaged but there is no more loss of control over the throttle after going back into normal range.

Perfect.

Thanks.

Awesome support as always!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:I did some test flights and a career mode flight and it seems to work like a charm now. The throttle and the rpm still judder a bit when reverse is engaged but there is no more loss of control over the throttle after going back into normal range.

Perfect.

Thanks.

Awesome support as always!
Same. The judder is there but it doesn't get stuck anymore :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Wardster
Airman

Post by Wardster »

I'd like to see if that patch might work for me Scott; pm'ed last night. :)

Nm; might be resolved.
FSX:SE w/3D Lights Redux, Accu-Feel, Accu-Sim C172, C182, J3, Comanche 250 and COTS 377. P3D w/C182 & COTS 377.

dgturc83
Airman Basic

Post by dgturc83 »

Installed the files and it works now. Even using Gypsy Baron's .lua scripts with my Saitek throttles!

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

dgturc83 wrote:Installed the files and it works now. Even using Gypsy Baron's .lua scripts with my Saitek throttles!
Glad to hear THAT! :)

Paul

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have the same problem with reverse on the 377, which I have managed by not using reverse!

Are the files mentioned that correct this available as a download patch anywhere?

Thanks, Bill

Edit: Issue resolved after installation of COTS addon - my apologies

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

There was a new A2A_Update_01_17_17 released today, but no change on the B377.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ThomasAH wrote:There was a new A2A_Update_01_17_17 released today, but no change on the B377.
Hi Thomas, whilst accu-sim updates, I'm not sure their changes is always for all planes and from what I see, A2A does not seem to go back to update/improve little things from previously released aircraft.
eg: In the B377 if your panel says "meals" and you hover over it, the tool tip says "no meals" and the tool tip says that whether meals are on or off for example.

As for the throttle jamming after reversers,
the problem is back, it just jams again. Sigh. The problem is still there after all. :? I don't fly the B377 often anymore, last time I flew it was last year when we were testing the reversers and a few other flights where I did not use the reversers.

What happened was
I had a VERY hard landing, so I put the engines to idle, and used F2 repeatedly to get the reversers in, managed to slow down and POW.
They were stuck and could not move them out of position no matter what.
(Yes I tried all the things in the thread above, parking brake etc)

I had to use ESC to above the flight which was really annoying

Looks like whatever Scott did, it needs some more tweaking I fear. :(

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'll test they tomorrow, it been a while since I flew my B377
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Tomas Linnet wrote:I'll test they tomorrow, it been a while since I flew my B377
Not a problem. As you know from the thread it did not happen to everyone, so yours might always be ok but it is still happening so it is still causing us issues I fear.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

No throttle control after reverse

Post by Jacques »

What really is strange is why it doesn't happen to everyone! It is something I experienced, as well...and still do so, occasionally. But I always attributed it, on my own part, to getting sloppy with the necessary steps because the next flight I would be very attentive and would always be able to go into and out of reverse. I don't ask why anymore. I think the team are so beyond this that the only hope of "cleaning up" the experience for everyone will come if they re-visit the 377 for P3D 4. Honestly, I think this is the only problem that keeps coming to the fore on any of A2A's aircraft....and everytime Scott sees these "377 reverser" posts...he bangs his head against his desk! :D ( I hope they DO re-visit the 377... but I'm also realistic about the prospects of that happening.)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:What really is strange is why it doesn't happen to everyone! It is something I experienced, as well...and still do so, occasionally. But I always attributed it, on my own part, to getting sloppy with the necessary steps because the next flight I would be very attentive and would always be able to go into and out of reverse. I don't ask why anymore. I think the team are so beyond this that the only hope of "cleaning up" the experience for everyone will come if they re-visit the 377 for P3D 4. Honestly, I think this is the only problem that keeps coming to the fore on any of A2A's aircraft....and everytime Scott sees these "377 reverser" posts...he bangs his head against his desk! :D ( I hope they DO re-visit the 377... but I'm also realistic about the prospects of that happening.)
I'm sure Scott works very hard to get things just right, this one is just a real tricky one. As you saw originally last year, I still experienced the jitter but never getting full stuck and it happened while I was streaming too :(

Scott if you're reading this I am happy to do more testing as well as documenting whatever you need to repeat tests under different conditions etc.

My FSX is Boxed version acceleration

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”