Mapping New Controller

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Mapping New Controller

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Hello Everybody

I have (after 6 years gaining experience with FSX) upgraded to the dizzy heights :) of a Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 and with all the new functions (buttons) to play with have also discovered and invested in FSUIPC 4 (I always wondered what it was....) and taken myself on a learning curve.

You will probably be aware that this controller has two throttle controls.

For my single engined aircraft I have successfully made the extra throttle operate either the mixture control or the propeller RPM lever.

How would a technically inept individual go about making this same control operate the Master Synchroniser Lever? Is it to do with Macro's?
What did you do?

I am fairly amateurish at altering computer files etc but can cope with simple things like installing skins.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers and Beers

Bill
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Mapping New Controller

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
All my aircraft controls go through FSUIPC , before you start messing and adding anything to your controls , goto FSX/MODULES look for FSUIPC.ini , file copy and save it in a safe place , i put mine in documents under FSUIPC backup , then if like i had recently , if the file gets corrupted , by saveing backups of this file , its just a case of compareing the ini file in fsx with your backups , you can also edit the FSUIPC.ini file using notepad.
So if i get an aircraft that has say 5 different textures , i set up one useing the FSUIPC , when happy with that , i then open the aircraft.cfg in one notepad , then open FSUIPC.ini file in another notepad , scoll down the ini file till i get to the aircraft file i have just made , then using copy and paste , i copy the aircraft titles from the .cfg file , and paste them in to the ini file , doing this one title at a time , very quickly gets all 5 of them set up , when done close the cfg file and save the ini file and close, then check out all the aircraft under that control setting to make sure all is well , then copy the new ini and save into your backup ini , it will give you options to replace the saved ini , i always chose the bottom option that way you can rebuild the controls in ini from any point if need be .
Regards alan. 8)

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Re: Mapping New Controller

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Thanks for that useful advice Alan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”