Thank you so much for the P-40

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
domfliss
Airman

Thank you so much for the P-40

Post by domfliss »

Oh wow, guys; thank you so much for such an amazing aircraft.

I've just completed a circuit of Duxford in the P-40 and this has been the first time in a simulator that I've thought; wow, I'm flying!

The P-40 is just amazing. I've never had this feeling before, LOL. I feel stupid for saying it, but where the hell have I been??

You've done an amazing job. The sounds, the textures, the whole aircraft is such a joy to use. I can't believe that I actually managed to take off and land without hiccup.

For all the years I've spent flight simming; today more than any other, gave me the feeling of being in the air.

Thank you so much.

Dom

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Thank you so much for the P-40

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the kind words Dom, I see you 'get it' 8)

With Accu-sim alongside everything else is the neat thing that she is your bird, she will wear and tear according to the way you treat her and will fly like no one elses P-40 because of that. Treat her well and she should serve you well, treat her badly and she'll sting you in the ass. Oh though I should prolly mention we do also simulate mech failures too, so sometimes you might just end up with a hanger queen anyway :wink: :twisted:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

These are all great aircraft....
Dont forget you can personalize you P-40 or any other A2A aircraft with paint that has been done, or you can request a repaint of your own....
If you know how to do your own paints, feel free to show off your work..... :mrgreen:

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

Second the OP. Last week I closed the last gap in my A2A fighter warbird lineup by getting the P-40. So I have flown all of them, but what continues to astonish me is that every one of them is unique in a way that is amazing, considering we're talking about this being FSX and all of them are single engine piston fighters of the same era.

I can't even tell why that is, or why P-40 is so much fun to fly in its own way which is somehow quite different from the sleek Mustang, brutal Thunderbolt or the quirky Spitfire.

I've one problem with all of them - no problems in the maintenance hangar. I mean, essentially all of my planes are hangar queens due to the sheer number of them. But even when I'm flying one for some hours, there's nothing going bad. Am I treating them too well? :-)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Yes. Start abusing them like red headed step children. Lol. I've noticed the b17 set to 300hr wear rate to have the most issues. Otherwise it takes awhile to get problems if you treat them right. Oh and the b377 will randomly have failures which is fun and keeps you on your toes.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

n421nj wrote:Yes. Start abusing them like red headed step children. Lol. I've noticed the b17 set to 300hr wear rate to have the most issues. Otherwise it takes awhile to get problems if you treat them right. Oh and the b377 will randomly have failures which is fun and keeps you on your toes.
I actually tried killing the Jug once - full throttle, all cooling flaps closed, turbo firewalled. The engine lasted astonishingly long though - if thought it'd blow up immediately.

B17 and Strato - I'm sure they are excellent, but I think any more than one engine is overkill ;-)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Dooga wrote:
n421nj wrote: B17 and Strato - I'm sure they are excellent, but I think any more than one engine is overkill ;-)
You couldn't be more wrong :P lol
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I like the multiple engines because you can set one on fire, extinguish it, and continue flying (most of the time). With the single engine planes once you lose your engine flights over and gotta set down.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

n421nj wrote:I like the multiple engines because you can set one on fire, extinguish it, and continue flying (most of the time). With the single engine planes once you lose your engine flights over and gotta set down.
That's probably the reason why I take care of my engines - I usually only have one!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Dooga wrote:
n421nj wrote:I like the multiple engines because you can set one on fire, extinguish it, and continue flying (most of the time). With the single engine planes once you lose your engine flights over and gotta set down.
That's probably the reason why I take care of my engines - I usually only have one!
This is true and once I fully learn an aircraft and it's systems I baby it. But as I'm learning I beat it up to see what it can take and what are the things to avoid and what signs and sounds are it telling me that I'm right on the edge.
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”