SCREENSHOTS (FSX)

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
wallydog
Senior Airman

Re: SCREENSHOTS

Post by wallydog »

Image[/URL]

Update of my first repaint of my favorite bird with new sharkmouth.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great shot! 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Hit the g key while taxiing instead of h to check the carb heat :roll:

Results:
- destroyed prop
- destroyed left and right main gear
- bad oil leak
- yellow main bearings resulting in low oil pressure
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ouch! and a scene I can fully relate too :? :mrgreen:

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Oh sh**! :shock: That's very unfortunate
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Talking about monday moments, just happened this after an almost perfect approach. :oops:

Ros

BalloonFish
Airman Basic

Post by BalloonFish »

Hello everyone - my first post here! I've been a latecomer to A2A aircraft but I'm 18 months in and now I hardly fly anything else! I'm on a binge of the Warhawk at the moment. Today I took her for a quick testflight after a quick bit of maintenance at the CAMCO shops:

It's a muggy, murky and airless morning at Loiwing, but the Allison fires up on the first revolution after two shots of primer

Gear up, canopy closed, close the radiator flap a little, climb through the low-lying haze, heading for the cooler and clearer air above

Break out of the haze at 1100 feet above ground...

...and keep climbing up to 8500 feet asl. The coolant temperature's at a steady 100C but the oil temperature's nudging towards the red mark. Time to cruise for a while.

Practicing some steep turns, trying to re-learn how much rudder it needs when you're cracking along at 200knts IAS. It's not a Spitfire, you need to use the trim knobl!

Time for some Colonel-Chennault-approved 'boom-and-zooms'. 320knts on the gauge, 2700RPM and the manifold pressure trying to get over 40InHg. Needs a very strong left foot!

Pulling a lot of positive Gs on the 'zoom' - in the moist air the wingtips start trailing condensation plumes.

Calm down and drop back into the murk towards the practice airstrip. I ruined the main bearings of the RAF Tomahawk in 30 hours, I think by pulling too much throttle off in the descents and letting the prop backdrive the engine. I'm trying to make the Hawk 81-A2 last longer than that - currently 53 hours and counting.

Flying some rather sloppy figure-of-eights over the airfield. The CAMCO bureaucrats won't be happy!

Oops - I came down too fast and even with the air vent wide open my canopy's fogging up! Better stop fooling around and circle until it clears.

Got all crossed up on the final approach and ended up getting way behind the aircraft on the way down (trim out the forces, lad, always trim!). I managed to wrestle it into something fairly tidy on short final and do a reasonably good tail-low landing, although some way off the centreline!

Back at the flight stand, secured and shut down with just the tinkling of the cooling exhaust. Where's the boy with the pot of Oolong?

In all seriousness, only A2A machines seem to be so involving that they make you spin these sort of stories in your head as you fly them. They're brilliant. The only downside is that they 'ruin' virtually every other addon plane out there!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you for the great flight! I totally understand your enthusiasm about A2A aircraft!

Seeya
ATB

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks for the lovely screenshots. When I saw this thread revived, thought for sure Nick was showing off the P3D P-40. :shock:

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Training Flight out of Haleiwa Auxilliary 12/5/1941

Post by FlyingsCool »

Took a training flight out of Haleiwa Auxilliary this morning. Airport is a little rough, but it's sure pretty out here

Crew helped me get her ready for flight...

Great weather this morning (when isn't it around here?), so nice to be stationed out here. Squadron just got posted out here from Wheeler a couple of days ago. Something about training as if out in the field. If this is what the "field" is like, I'll take it any day of the week. I suppose the living in tents part is kind of a pain, but George has got his Buick, so we can head back to station at night....

A shot from my buddy George's plane. You can see Haleiwa in the distance

Coming in for a landing, took her in nice and smooth, and then...

Really???? I could swear I heard them click into place. Guess I gotta assign that key to the hydraulic pump, too much to do on approach to be trying to do it by mouse :-/

Hmm, I suppose I could have checked the gauge :roll:

Thank goodness they had the parts they needed to fix her up. Only took them about 8 hours...

Ground crew was grumbling about having to do the work out in the open. I looked around, then back at them and said "Really? You're going to complain about being out here??? Geez!!"

Day off tomorrow, George and I will be heading out to a dance with some local women-folk tomorrow night at the O-club, then maybe some cards after. Be a good respite from all this work. Work, yeah, haha! :wink: What a life! Couldn't be more peaceful.
Last edited by FlyingsCool on 03 Jun 2019, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Haleiwa Auxilliary, a few more shots

Post by FlyingsCool »

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: SCREENSHOTS (FSX)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking shots, wide screeeeeeeeeeeeen 8) 8) 8) 8)

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

Yes, I love that nVidia implemented the surround in even their low end cards (This computer has a GTX 1050 in it), and it works great. What I do need to do is copy your manuals over to my tablet though. So much to learn. So many planes. So little time... :shock: :D

Pilot Lodkins
Airman

Post by Pilot Lodkins »

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice shots! 8) 8)

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”