Missing Gauge?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Missing Gauge?

Post by Bomber_12th »

There seems to be a missing fuel gauge located just in front of the seat - although I'm not that familiar with the aircraft, there appears to be a housing for a fuel gauge, but the gauge is not present. This is on all of the variants.

John Terrell

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Missing Gauge?

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Mousing over it shows no hand or a tool tip, so I guess it does nothing. :)

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

On late model P-40's at least, this was the location of the rear-wing fuel tank gauge - the housing being very similar to what is modeled.
John Terrell

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I now this is an old thread. but It does relate to what I was going to ask about. and that is a reserve fuel tank gauge? I have looked all over the cockpit and at least in the model I fly on FSX there is no gauge for the reserve fuel tank. or is it in other models of the plane?

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

cessna lover wrote: 27 May 2018, 06:53 I now this is an old thread. but It does relate to what I was going to ask about. and that is a reserve fuel tank gauge? I have looked all over the cockpit and at least in the model I fly on FSX there is no gauge for the reserve fuel tank. or is it in other models of the plane?
There is no gauge for the reserve fuel tank in this aircraft, you should only use the reserve to take off and land and of course if all the other tanks are empty.

When there is only the reserve (the others are empty), in principle the fuel lamp should light up, which means that you only have the quantity of the reserve (I don't remember from memory how much fuel it contains).
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

DrumsArt wrote: 31 May 2019, 22:46
cessna lover wrote: 27 May 2018, 06:53 I now this is an old thread. but It does relate to what I was going to ask about. and that is a reserve fuel tank gauge? I have looked all over the cockpit and at least in the model I fly on FSX there is no gauge for the reserve fuel tank. or is it in other models of the plane?
There is no gauge for the reserve fuel tank in this aircraft, you should only use the reserve to take off and land and of course if all the other tanks are empty.

When there is only the reserve (the others are empty), in principle the fuel lamp should light up, which means that you only have the quantity of the reserve (I don't remember from memory how much fuel it contains).
Richard
oh ok thanks.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

cessna lover wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 08:53

Richard
oh ok thanks.
I would add that the reserve tank is refilled during the flight via the main tanks. So when the wing and fuselage tanks are empty, you know exactly what you have left in the reserve. You can deduct the remaining flight time according to your consumption. That explains why there's no need for a gauge for the reserve tank.
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

DrumsArt wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 14:35
cessna lover wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 08:53

Richard
oh ok thanks.
I would add that the reserve tank is refilled during the flight via the main tanks. So when the wing and fuselage tanks are empty, you know exactly what you have left in the reserve. You can deduct the remaining flight time according to your consumption. That explains why there's no need for a gauge for the reserve tank.
Richard
ah ok. yeah but when I fly this little thing I just use the fuselage tank any how. just flying around the patch I don't need that much fuel :lol:

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”