P-40 CTD during touch down P3Dv4.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

P-40 CTD during touch down P3Dv4.5

Post by DrumsArt »

Hi,

I bought the P-40 and both Mustang (military and civilian). I have a big problem with these three aircrafts. For the Mustang I will write a new topic in the appropriate forum.
With the P-40 I have a CTD as soon as I touch down, every time......

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.11.29713, time stamp: 0x5ca56c53
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24441, time stamp: 0x5cb935a7
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000000bdfd
Faulting process id: 0x2398
Faulting application start time: 0x01d51412f2ce0cca
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 465b35b4-8008-11e9-aab0-240a640748f4

P3Dv4.5 without Hotfix (I didn't have the FPS problems encountered by some users)
W7U64
I have all the FSX A2A's aicraft and all P3Dv4 A2A's aircraft except Cessna 172 and 182 (all full updated).

The Kernelbase error was totally unknown to me until my bad experience with the Bonanza (still unresolved), P-40 and Mustang.

I only did the tests with P3Dv4.5 and Track IR without As for P3Dv4, without Linda etc etc.....

My DxDiag shows no errors, whether in video, sounds, usb and so on....

All my sound drivers are up to date.

Please help me find a solution to these problems. I just spent several hours trying unsuccessfully.
Thank you and Regards,
Richard
PS: I just read that there was an identical problem on the forum but it was with Fsx and the error report is not the same. On the other hand, the symptoms are strictly identical.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-40 CTD during touch down P3Dv4.5

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

given its a driver error, there is only so much we can do other than advise you google and check things like the below, but I will google and find out what I can to try and help you out best I can;

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4&t=133018

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5110 ... elbasedll/

Also worth going over the basics, running installers as admin and running the sim as admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin. Also make sure things like P3D and your A2A aircraft are all updated, you mentioned you are not running the latest for example. For drivers, you will want to make sure you are checking the creators websites for updates and not relying on the inbuilt windows driver finder as these tend to be woefully out of date and are used to get the system up and the running so you can update without messing around with discs and all sorts.

If you have a sound card + on board sound, you will want to try disabling one of the sound devices as having both active can cause an issue, so worth checking.

Can you please let us know your system specs please just in case there is some clue in there.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 27 May 2019, 05:09 Hello,

given its a driver error, there is only so much we can do other than advise you google and check things like the below, but I will google and find out what I can to try and help you out best I can;

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4&t=133018

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5110 ... elbasedll/

Also worth going over the basics, running installers as admin and running the sim as admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin. Also make sure things like P3D and your A2A aircraft are all updated, you mentioned you are not running the latest for example. For drivers, you will want to make sure you are checking the creators websites for updates and not relying on the inbuilt windows driver finder as these tend to be woefully out of date and are used to get the system up and the running so you can update without messing around with discs and all sorts.

If you have a sound card + on board sound, you will want to try disabling one of the sound devices as having both active can cause an issue, so worth checking.

Can you please let us know your system specs please just in case there is some clue in there.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Where did I mention I didn't update everything? Maybe the syntax of my sentence was misspelled....
I wrote: "I have all the FSX A2A's aicraft and all P3Dv4 A2A's aircraft except Cessna 172 and 182 (all full updated)."
It means that:
1/ I have all A2A aircraft for FSX
2/ I have all A2A aircraft for P3Dv4 except the two Cessna
3/All A2A aircraft I own are fully updated.

Regarding my specs system, uh, it's just in my signature...
Thanks.
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You mentioned not running the latest P3D?

With the moving platform target, you'll always want to be running the latest to make sure you have the all the latest fixes and upgrades.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

After several hours and days of testing, the problems are still there, although they are very partially solved and particularly difficult to debug.
P3Dv4.5+HF and Content are up to date.
All my sound and video drivers updated.
I performed a Windows Scan with no errors found.
I have all ORBX regions, OLC, Vector and global. They have all been verified via FTX Central3
P3D.cfg and shaders deleted
Here are the different tests I performed under identical conditions.
-P3D loaded with basic settings+TrackIR and Ezca2
-Eglin Airport AFB
-Loading either mil/civil Mustang or P-40 directly on the runway in use (all three have identical problems).
In these conditions I can take off and fly for 2 hours or more without any problem.
The landing on Eglin or another airport is generally going well, but during the taxi to park...Blam! CTD..... This ctd does not always intervene at the same time or in the same place, but it systematically arrives during the taxi.

If I manage to save the flight before the crash, when I recharge it I either don't even manage to take a taxi to the runway or, if I do, to take off.

I tried to find out where the problem could come from by modifying/adding/removing the P3D options one by one. It didn't work that way.

After spending a lot of time with this I performed other tests under the same conditions with the basic P3D.cfg and the one I normally use.
These same tests were done with it:
-Texan=no problem
-Spit=no problem
-Commanche=no problem
-Cherokee=no problem
-Bonanza=for once I didn't have the problem of the 2600 rpm I reported in another topic (maybe a lucky guess or maybe the last patch fixed it). Still, the Bonanza did not cause any CTDs during the taxi phase.
Realair=no problem
FsLabs=no problem
And so, and so, and so, and so....

I obviously did a tour of the forums dealing with the Kernelbase error on Avsim, P3D forum. I tried some ideas found in these same forums, it didn't solve anything. I have only read these posts and I have not posted for the moment about my specific problem.
I would add that unlike many users, I never had the famous Kernelbase error when I left P3D.
I would describe my system as rather stable with updates and over the many hours (I fly almost every day, GA or airliners).

The impression I get from all these tests is that there may be a problem related to an incompatibility, perhaps of texture or other problems during the taxi. The question is what happens between the time the shader folder is emptied and filled again by the different files that could cause this kind of problem with the code of these 3 aircraft in particular (P-51 civ/mil and P-40).

I would very much like a guru/developer/magician/expert from A2A to answer me.

Config in signature.

Waiting for your answer.
Thank you and Regards,
Richard
PS: Could you also explain to me why I have in my account 2 identical versions (I hope) of my three incriminated planes purchased at the same time:

Accu-sim P-51D Civilian (P3Dv4 Academic) 9 Never P-51 Civ Academic P3Dv4
Accu-sim P-51D Civilian (P3Dv4 Academic) 10 Never P-51 Civ Academic P3Dv4
Accu-sim P-51D Military (P3Dv4 Academic) 9 Never P-51 Military P3DV4 Academic
Accu-sim P-51D Military (P3Dv4 Academic) 10 Never P-51 Military P3DV4 Academic
Accu-sim P-40 (P3Dv4 Academic) 9 Never Accu-sim P-40 (P3Dv4 Academic)
Accu-sim P-40 (P3Dv4 Academic) 10 Never Accu-sim P-40 (P3Dv4 Academic)
Richard Portier

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you tried going back to basics for troubleshooting, taking out the other third party software and just running core P3D + the A2A Aircraft for testing. You mentioned EZdok camera stuff which we know from the past can cause issues, so for troubleshooting should be turned off along with as many other things as possible.

Also given the description double check your sound drivers are 100% up to date and make sure to restart your system after driver changing.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 04:06 Hello,

have you tried going back to basics for troubleshooting, taking out the other third party software and just running core P3D + the A2A Aircraft for testing. You mentioned EZdok camera stuff which we know from the past can cause issues, so for troubleshooting should be turned off along with as many other things as possible.

Also given the description double check your sound drivers are 100% up to date and make sure to restart your system after driver changing.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
My version of the Realtek HD audio driver is currently 6.0.1.7982. When I click on "update driver", Windows answers that the installed one is already updated. But while searching via Google I found a more recent version v6.0.1.8454.
Before installing it, what is the procedure? Do I have to uninstall the old driver first (as I usually do for a video driver) or do I launch the new update directly?
Thank you
Richard
EDIT: ignore my question, the uninstall and install are automatic.
Richard Portier

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

okie dokie. For the driver updates, never use the windows system as it wont work to check for updates, but is good to simply get a system up and running before you then get the correct latest drivers. You'll want to go to the actual manufactuer websites etc to grab the latest download.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”