Planes In FSX Not Fully Drawn

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
NavyAce
Airman

Planes In FSX Not Fully Drawn

Post by NavyAce »

Hello,

Does anybody know if the aircraft from A2A are compatible with Windows 10? I have a large number of third party and commercial addons on FSX in my older desk top running Windows 7 and they all are working fine. I recently purchased a more expensive desk top to get better memory, processing power, and a better graphics card. When I try to load these aircraft from my discs either the installer never appears on the monitor or I go through the process and get a successfully installed message, but when I load up FSX and select the aircraft from the library and click OK they appear on the screen incomplete, usually just with the pilot and engine and an outline of the fuselage. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same result. Can anybody explain what is going on? I really like the A2A aircraft and would like to add more, but I think I'd better wait until I find out what's going on with the older programs. I can list them in the next post if that would help. Thanks.
NavyAce

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Planes In FSX Not Fully Drawn

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello NavyAce and welcome to the A2A forums,

It sounds like you're using the original disk edition of FSX and may simply have forgotten to install the two free service packs from Microsoft. Both SP1 and SP2 need to be installed unless you have the Acceleration expansion pack, they can be downloaded from the links below:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-1/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-2/

Thanks,
Nick

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

A2A aircraft for FSX work great in Windows 10. I use FSX Steam.

I assume the issues you describe are related to installing addons from discs. First, keep in mind that Windows 10 has added DRM protection and that might be getting in the way of installing from disc. Next, check that DX10 Preview under the graphics section is not checked... at least for the time being. Finally, if you don't have "Acceleration" installed, grab the FSX Service Packs noted by Nick-A2A.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Thanks guys. I am installing from discs as I don't like downloads as they take too long and use up too much of my monthly data useage. Plus I like to have something handy for a quick backup. The FSX version I am using is the Deluxe Edition, which I assumed had the service packs but if not I will download them and install. Thanks for the input and I will keep you posted.

NavyAce

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to clarify NavyAce, the original 'Standard' and 'Deluxe' disk editions of FSX do need both the SPs. It's only the Acceleration/Gold version and FSX Steam Edition which don't.

Thanks,
Nick

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Thanks for the clarification. I have now successfully installed SP 1 and 2 and the addon aircraft are now appearing fully drawn so that problem has been solved thanks to your kind attention. I now have only a couple of minor things to tweak. I have found that after taking off in the P-40 and B-17 and hitting the G key the gear on neither aircraft will retract, nor will it do so from the VC. And the B-17 engines smoke so much they appear to be on fire and this does not abate to any appreciable degree. I installed Accu-Sim to both aircraft after the aircraft install and then the core install last so I don't think I messed up there. The B-17 also has a voice that keeps repeating "Number 1 engine is starting" after all four are running and keeps repeating this until after lift off. Any ideas on this one? Thanks again for all your kind help. All of my other A2A aircraft seem to be working fine, even the ones with Accu-Sim installed
NavyAce

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update NavyAce.

For the gear selectors in the P-40 and B-17, please bear in mind that these are three-position switches so the default 'G' key will cycle between 'up', 'off' and 'down'. For this reason it's necessary to press 'G' twice to move the selector from down to up. The P-40 also has a manual hydraulic pump, so this will need to be activated too. (You can 'cheat' by enabling an automatic hydraulic pump in the Shift 3 menu. :wink: )

As for the smoking engines and repeating engine start call in the B-17, please check your FSX realism setting. It's important to make sure that "auto-mixture" is disabled when using the Accu-Sim aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”