Course display on Shift+5 map - how to adjust?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Course display on Shift+5 map - how to adjust?

Post by Paughco »

Dear A2A Helpdesk :roll: :) : Please take a look at the Shift+5 map on page 27 of the P-40 Pilot's Manual. See the course indicator and the course indication of 341 degrees in the upper right corner of the map? How does one change this course to a different heading? Is there some sort of secret squirrel keyboard command? I'd like to be able to change it, perhaps to runway heading. Or, if there's no way to change it, why is it even there?

Thank you
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Course display on Shift+5 map - how to adjust?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paughco,

I believe this feature was originally designed for the P8 compass in the Spitfire, and it's also directly adjustable using the HSI in the civilian Mustang. However, the P-40 doesn't have a gauge with an adjustable OBS/CDI. As such, I guess this could be considered a vestigial feature in the Warhawk. :)

However, if you wish to adjust this setting on the Shift 5 map in P3Dv4, you can use the default 'Shift V' command for 'OBS Indicator (Select)' and then '+' or '-'. FSUIPC also allows this setting to be increased or decreased directly.

Thanks,
Nick

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

NIck: Thank you very much for that info. It works! I just dialed in 340 degrees, because we'll be landing on Rwy 34 at Barking Sands on our next MP Flight. https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=66560

Seeya
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem! :wink:

Nick

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”