Issues with the Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Issues with the Input Configurator

Post by MarcE »

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the input config assigning joystick buttons to the hotkey functions.

When I press the button on my T16000 joystick to assign to the hydraulic pump switch on the stick it shows up as joystick 2 button 0. (Save and update is pressed after) However it doesn't work in the sim. When I check the assignment in the axisconfig.cfg under Documents>A2A>P3D>P40 it shows up as joystick:0:button:0. At the same time in FSUIPC the same button is shown as Joystick 7 button 0. (I didn't assign anything there, just checked the controller number). Also, another axisconfig.cfg is saved in Doc>A2A>FSX>P40 although I have no FSX installed and never had on this Win10 system. In THIS file it is saved as joystick2button0. Additionally all my P40log.dat files go into the FSX path, none into the P3D path. When I change the assignment to another button on the same joystick the cfg file in the FSX path gets updated, the file in the P3D path doesn't. However, when I delete the cfg file in the P3D path and save a new config in the input configurator the new configuration is saved as a new cfg file in both paths. Manually editing the cfg file in the P3D path doesn't work either.
No files are read-only.

In the game controller settings under devices and printers the joystick is listed at position 3, so number 2 is correct (start counting at 0).

Can someone help me? Or is this a bug which has to be fixed by A2A?

Cheers,
Marc

edit: Correction, it seems I HAD FSX installed on this setup. I thought it would have been a complete reinstallation of windows but I have the B377 and B17 left in the FSX path too. So apparently it was there.. Anyway this is the P3D airplane installed into P3D.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Issues with the Input Configurator

Post by some1 - A2A »

The important number is the one shown in P3D in the Key Assignments menu. It may be different from what is shown by FSUIPC or Windows. Please check this number and, if needed, you can manually edit it in the axisconfig.cfg.

The rest looks normal, we still use folders named "FSX" even when installed on P3D. This keeps things in sync when you have more than one sim installed.
Which axisconfig.cfg is used depends on the Input Method chosen in P3D -> controls -> other menu. If you have DirectInput selected, we will use the FSX configuration, with RawInput we use dedicated one for P3D as the sequencing is different.
Michael Krawczyk

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your explanation, this makes sense now :D Although I don't actually know the difference between direct and raw input, but that doesn't matter know. However there seems to be a problem with your input configurator and the T16000 joystick, at least on my system. When I assign any other button from any other controller it works just fine. But at the same time, if I assign the joystick buttons to functions via FSUIPC or the P3D controller settings it works, too. I noticed that I don't use the P51's or Spitfire's input configurator for the joystick so I haven't noticed it before. I tried that now and the P-51 doesn't work with the T16000 buttons either when assigned via the A2A input config. The programm recognizes the depressed button but doesn't hand it over to the airplane. However it works with my CH yoke as well as with the Saitek/Logitec throttle quadrant.

Greets,
Marc

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I really can't tell what's happening there and why it doesn't work with the T16000M Joystick but I have solved it with FSUIPC and the L:Var now.. 8)

Cheers,
Marc

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”