Surround Sound question

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Surround Sound question

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Two Questions related to users with 4.1, 5.1, and greater sound systems:

1) Is Accu-Feel totally compatible with airplanes that support surround sound for the engines? In other words, if I have a plane that has engines mounted aft of the cockpit, I want to hear those engines from my rear speakers unless I turn my head around. If I were to allow AccuFeel to process the engine sounds, it isn't going to change that surround functionality in any way, is it? When you said in the FAQ that it uses it takes the default engine sounds and processes them through the "Accu-Sim Sound Engine", I have a little confusion: Stratocruiser and B-17, which are older Accusim technologies fully support engine surround sound, but P-40 doesn't, to my knowledge(which is okay generally because its engine is in front), so that is what prompted me to ask.

2) There are a number of payware planes I have that do not support Surround. For instance, on the FeelThere ERJ, the engine sounds were all Stereo, and I really took an immersion hit by hearing the tail mounted engines in front of me. I ended up converting all the engine sounds to Mono so that FSX could place them correctly, but I found that to be a pain. Aside from the fact that I have no idea why some FSX sound-makers, including TSS, don't support surround sound, there are some good payware airplanes out there which could really benefit. Any possibility that Accu-Feel could eventually provide that functionality?
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

UrrBurr
Airman Basic

Re: Surround Sound question

Post by UrrBurr »

Thankyou for a nice addon but...

if I open the port door, the accu-feel sound comes from all speakers
If I open the starboard door, the sound comes from all speakers

could we have support for surround sound systems, where the sound source actually plays on the correct speaker and also corrects itself when panning the camera around?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Surround Sound question

Post by Scott - A2A »

While the Accu-Feel sound engine does support surround sound, to match the camera angles and the engine positions and window sound sources is not likely realistic to do.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”