Temporary solution for open cockpits

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Temporary solution for open cockpits

Post by pilottj »

Rob had an idea which I tested on my GAS Waco ASO which has one passenger door. I copied the Exits section from the default 172 and pasted into the ASO's aircraft.cfg. Now I just 'open' the 2nd door and keep it open. I get great wind noise without having to fly with the passenger door open...and the passenger door still opens when I want it to. By default I think every FS plane has 1 exit so you might not see an [exits] section. Just add somthing like below to your plane's aircraft.cfg and modify it for the number of exits it has.

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4 // (0=Main 1=Passenger)
exit.1 = 0.4 // (0=Main 1=Passenger)

Cheers
TJ

*note. I tried this solution with Ant's moth by adding a 4th exit...get a door click but no wind noise...will have to try to figure this one out.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Temporary solution for open cockpits

Post by JoeS475 »

"pilottj*note. I tried this solution with Ant's moth by adding a 4th exit...get a door click but no wind noise...will have to try to figure this one out.
In another post it was found that only 2 doors open with wind sound, as opposed to the 4 we initially thought. That is on the list of fixes already I believe.

Joe
Joe

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Temporary solution for open cockpits

Post by ROB - A2A »

Usually the aircrafts with the open cockpits have no exits used / configured in the aircraft.cfg file, so one can use 1st and/or 2nd (with 2nd you don't get the "red message"). We have to wait for the 3rd and 4th extits support.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”