Best settings for PMDG 737ngx?

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
gear up and off
Airman

Best settings for PMDG 737ngx?

Post by gear up and off »

What are good settings for this great addon with the PMDG 737 ngx line?

Since the 600 is smaller, I guess the brake sound should be a little louder?

I still don't think you can hear the brakes at all in the cockpit since I believe the brakes are on the main gear not the front?

Please share your settings for the different versions of the 737! Thanks!

-David

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Re: Best settings for PMDG 737ngx?

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

The only thing that would be realistic to use with the NGX is the cabin integrity. Just use a little bit of that. The rest is unrealistic as PMDG has done all the sounds already. If you were able to hear the brakes (for example) from the flightdeck, there would either be something wrong with the aircraft, or you have radar dishes for ears.
Lukas
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Depends on what realism/immersion is to you. Some have found that using one or two is realistic for them, others use our sounds and PMDG's and find a nice mix, some like squeaky brakes, other like an old rough cabin. We have totally left it up to you the customer + have a few subtle tubeliner updates in the works.

One man realistic isnt the same as another mans, for example, It would be realistic to have very dodgy engine sound, as up front all you tend to hear is white noise, after all you are travelling rather fast through the air, are right at the front and with the wind/air pounding the airframe and the sound waves travelling backwards woooooooooooooooooooooosh! :wink:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

The windrush for gear for example is great... the nose gear is directly beneath the cockpit and you hear a lot of sound when it is open and down. Windrush on the cockpit enhances PMDG's already good sounds.-I turn the brake squeal down, but the tyre strike noise is still there, though I have turned it down a little. The cabin integrity slider is great in airliners as well... You can make your NGX old or new...

I love it, a whole new feel and customer configurable at that!

Addon tool of the year, easily!

Andrew
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

alehead wrote:The windrush for gear for example is great... the nose gear is directly beneath the cockpit and you hear a lot of sound when it is open and down.
But the NGX already has that, along with the sound of the nosewheel getting stopped by the brakepads in the wheel well. Adding another layer of windrush on top of that is unnecessary and masks the original 737 sounds recorded from the real deal
Happy Landings
- Patrick

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Jigsaw wrote:
alehead wrote:The windrush for gear for example is great... the nose gear is directly beneath the cockpit and you hear a lot of sound when it is open and down.
But the NGX already has that, along with the sound of the nosewheel getting stopped by the brakepads in the wheel well. Adding another layer of windrush on top of that is unnecessary and masks the original 737 sounds recorded from the real deal
I have to agree with Jigsaw and MFT. The only things I'm using for this aircraft, for this version of Accu-Feel, are the Cabin Integrity and Shock Absorption sliders, left at their default values. Those 2 effects provide an enhanced ground roll, and appear to provide a more immersive touchdown...if you land too firm, you will get some very believable feedback about it above and beyond what the NGX is capable of providing. Other than that though, I'm not using the other things for this airplane, but I'm keeping an eye on what happens in the future with stall and G buffeting.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

The great thing about a tool of this nature is the flexibility it allows. We all experience things differently. As much as I like the NGX out of the box, I find AccuFeel can enhance a few things. How we experience an environment is very subjective, particularly when it comes down to using sound and visual cues alone, when touch in the form of shock or vibration is taken out of the equation on the account of our simulation not being of the full motion variety...

Not that I have spent much time up front in the NG series, but on the few occasions I have looked in, I always remember it being exceptionally loud in terms of windrush, same goes for the gear when you are seated in the back right above the main gear, I always feel it is louder than when I have been seated elsewhere...

I turn up the cabin integrity to 80%+, turning it down in my old GA C185s and so on... lots of shake and rattle in those...

Also looking forward to seeing what is up A2A's sleeves in terms of airliner enhancements in future versions of AccuFeel...

Andrew
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”