FSX Recorder Module

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

FSX Recorder Module

Post by dvm »

I was wondering if anyone uses this little utility to record flights. I use this to record a flight and then play it back as traffic which is a feature of this software. I then fly formation with the aircraft in the flight. It is a great way to practice flying formation especially if you plan to try it on line. Before I installed the recorder module I used to fly formation with the AI aircraft. Flying with a recorded flight is a little more of a challenge as there are more variations in course and altitude than with a computer controlled flight. It is available at FlightSim.com. One last thought. Does anyone know the secret to attaching a screen shot. When ever I try I get the "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" I see screen shots added everyday. Do you need papal permission or something ?

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Re: FSX Recorder Module

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Use it all the time, as you say great for formation flights especially when you get 5 or 6 aircraft on the go. Doing aeros with smoke trails on really gets the sense of flight going.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Jetstreamsky,

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought about putting together a flight of multiple aircraft until I read your response. I went back and re read the destruction's and figured out how to do it. I put together a B17 flight and have been messing around with that. I don't know about everyone else but just boring holes in the sky in real or simulated aircraft is a real bore. If you look at my flight sim flight log I have shot many thousands of landing and my average flight duration is quite low.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Usually my recorded flights stay local to an airfield or nearby airfield, it's more about the air to air views than going somewhere, all except for ridge soaring in gliders, in that case you're competing with yourself to see if you can reach a landing field more efficiently (faster) through better piloting or better route planning. It's a real bonus to see a gaggle of gliders competing for the air.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Sounds like fun. That is a long way from just boring holes in the sky. I have not tried much glider flying but I do enjoy killing the engine and making forced landings. I am sure like most of us who love aviation just watching an airplane in flight is a great past time. I often go to the tower view and fly the aircraft R/C style just to watch it in flight.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Yes tower view or as I call it, airshow view. With enough practice you can do aeros and even landings from this view. For gliding I use the CumulusX addon which generates ridge lift with the right weather settings, then you can race along mountain ranges at very low level using the landscape to best advantage, this where FSRecorder really helps as you can fly one route and then repeat showing the prior flights and instantly see how your decisions on route and tactics pay off or otherwise.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”