NVIDIA 301.24 Beta Drivers New advances?

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
WindWeapon
Airman Basic

NVIDIA 301.24 Beta Drivers New advances?

Post by WindWeapon »

FXAA, adaptive VSynch, anyone try out this new driver?

I have successfully installed on a GTX 295 and notice FPS improvement with FSX, DCS BS2/A10C, BMS Falcon. However, I have reverted to my custom Nvidia Inspector config for Il2.

Anyone else try or have success specific to FSX?

Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Re: NVIDIA 301.24 Beta Drivers New advances?

Post by Levkovvvv »

I think it is just placebo, every time new drivers come out, people say "oh, I got 5 more fps". If that was the case, all of us would be running on 65 fps by now :)
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

No, the new vsync in this driver actually works for me in full screen mode finally. It never worked before, regardless of what settings I used in the fsx.cfg or wherever... I have the setting at 1/2 since the monitor I use is a 60Hz refresh rate unit.

The new driver based external frame rate limiter is set to 30, I have the FSX limiter set to unlimited...

I has improved smoothness for me... I wouldn't say it allows a greater frame rate, just improves the smoothness of play, by nigh on eliminating all microstuttering...

So far I have seen general improvement...

Andrew
Andrew
i9 9900K @ 4.8GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), Gigabyte Aorus Master with 32 Gb RAM
Aorus Master RTX3090, Win10Pro / MSFS

colibrisim
Airman Basic

Post by colibrisim »

Levkovvvv wrote:I think it is just placebo, every time new drivers come out, people say "oh, I got 5 more fps". If that was the case, all of us would be running on 65 fps by now :)
no, this is not true, in some cases, as with 295.10, you lose performances on some configurations and prefer getting back to the former.
But it seems that this latest brings real enhacements, this the second positive comment I read about it with the same content
Vincent

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

This is interesting;
I would like to know if anyone trying these drivers is using Nvidia Inspector with Nick's latest settings and if so are you altering the Inspector in any way at all?
I'm assuming that those using the internal frame rate limiter in FSX are now setting for 30fps????
All information will be helpful, as I've found Nvidia Inspector to be critical for FSX smoothness.
Dudley Henriques

Ishigami
Airman First Class

Post by Ishigami »

Adaptive Vsync is a mode for application you have problems keeping the FPS in a certain range.
In case the FPS drop Vsync is automatically deactivated to improve performance allowing tearing instead, when the FPS increase Vsync is automatically activated again.
I don't see how this mode could work for people if normal VSync does not work... it is just an automatic on/off-function.

FXAA is a post process AA mode. Simplified it is blurring the whole picture to improve AA. Very fast but questionable quality.
If the game does not feature native support it will also blur HUD elements.

The build in frame limiter works flawless for me. I kicked the old external FPS limiter off my system as soon as Nvidia build in this nice feature.

Accessing these function in the current official WHQL release 296.10 using Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.4 is possible without any problems, however to activate FXAA you not only need to toggle FXAA on but it is required to set the “Nvidia Predefined FXAA Usage” flag to on as well.
Newer Beta releases feature FXAA and Adaptive VSync in the Nvidia configuration panel. I Imagine access via Nvidia Inspector is still possible. After all the drivers get more updates than the Inspector and it worked thus far as well.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Thanks much.

WindWeapon
Airman Basic

Post by WindWeapon »

I have seen considerable improvement in FPS with FXAA enabled. Basically a jump on average of 20 fps with minimal loss of image quality. My fps is now nearly locked at 30 using an external limiter, even when flying around urban areas and/or weather. Also using adaptive Vsynch with no tearing on FSX.

All in all, considerable improvement in the FSX world flying the Spitfire! Now, no more low FPS at takeoff/landing and/or flying around urban landscapes and weather! Basically a "Must Have" improvement!

Additionally, I have heard and successfully tested in other sims (il2) including a "spice" of AA with FXAA. Basically in IL2, I included 8x AA complemented with FXAA and host an average of 55 fps over anything!

Note, I am running this driver on a GTX 295

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”