Tire screech sound on steering sharp turns is missing!

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Re: Tire screech sound on steering sharp turns is missing!

Post by Rusty Lock »

Hehe, thankyou for sharing that, it made me chuckle.

I love flying aircraft, as you also clearly do. I should state that my post is intended in the most jovial, friendly manner - as if we were sitting next to eachother on bar-stools at the same pub.

I was baptised into taxiing within a busy environment - no doubt most aviators are - for me it's Bournemouth Airport EGHH, and they really 'push' for a quick turn-around, so I have done some fairly spritely taxiing over to the numbers for departure, albeit in a tank-like aircraft which absorbs all the novice handling.

On the other hand, flying in and out of such airports can be a mixed bag, I've earned the orbit King award, 25-30 minutes orbiting the end of downwind, with an amusing clearance to land; "Golf Victor Bravo, you look like you're getting dizzy, you're number two to land [...]"

But hey, we are here because; we love flying. Good to meet you sir.

Smile, and a doff of the cap;

John.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Biba,

I think you are over analyzing this. From a practical point of view, I've made about 50 landings in the past month with some brisk exits from the runway, hard braking, etc. and cannot recall a single tire screeching sound. Being around airfields with all kinds of aircraft taxiing, even from the outside, I can't recall hearing tires screech. It takes quite a lot to get tires screeching on a car (very hard corner or scrubbing tires on very hard acceleration). The idea of a pilot taxiing so recklessly to make tires screech just sounds a bit absurd.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

BiBa
Senior Airman

Post by BiBa »

Scott - A2A wrote:Biba,
I think you are over analyzing this. From a practical point of view, I've made about 50 landings in the past month with some brisk exits from the runway, hard braking, etc. and cannot recall a single tire screeching sound. Being around airfields with all kinds of aircraft taxiing, even from the outside, I can't recall hearing tires screech. It takes quite a lot to get tires screeching on a car (very hard corner or scrubbing tires on very hard acceleration). The idea of a pilot taxiing so recklessly to make tires screech just sounds a bit absurd.
Scott.
If you would have followed up the rest of the subject on this forum, you'll find out the topic is not based on a discussion on good Pilot behavior on the Taxi way. Besides, I'm here in a simulation where I might not necessarily want to be some middle-class bourgeois pilot playing Granni on the Taxi way, but rather an outlaw who don't give a damm about taxi rules! Is "Big Brother" also watching me on the bloody simulation too now? Where is the freedom of "playing" what I wanna be against all odds?

The inquiry questions facts and if there aren't some sounds missing in ACCU-Feel! Pls read my comment posted on: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 pm, and come back to me if you say that the sounds in point 2 & 3 are IMPOSSIBLE on ANY type of aircraft! Ahead of your reply I say again there are documented videos with heavy planes that will prove your denial wrong...
BigBang - WIN 7-64. Memory: 16.00 GB. CPU: 4 x 3.00 Ghz (Overclocked). Main Board: M4A79XTD EVO (ASUSTeK). Bios: 20102. Video: 2 GB RAM card. Refresh rate: 119 Hz. 3D Monitor: ASUS VG278H. TrackIR-5. SAITEK X52/Yoke/Rudder/Trim wheel

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Biba,

I think if you were to ever put your feet on a real pair of rudder pedals and taxi, this thread would have never been started.

Just for my own sanity I called Dudley to see if I am the only pilot who never heard a tire screech, and his response was "Scott, in over 50 years of flying even doing air show acts where we were being rough on the ground, I've never heard a tire screech."

Just from my own experience the planes that I have flown would probably tip and scrape the wing before any tire screech would be heard.

We're having a hypothetical argument based on non existent reality. I think you need to let this go until you get in an aircraft and taxi and then tell me how you could make those tires screech. After the aircraft is repaired and you pay the bill for the non-screeching ground loop, then we can talk :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

With all due respect to everyone..TMI

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”