The Lady in the picture next to the title

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
wca01
Airman Basic

The Lady in the picture next to the title

Post by wca01 »

Although the lady in the picture is beautiful, is that an appropriate picture for these simulations. I mean, you are running a site for flight simulations, not a magazine for girls in scanty outfit. By the way, the Accu-Feel simulation is fantastic. Craig

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Re: The Lady in the picture next to the title

Post by FlameOut »

Just a reflection of the "Pin-Up" girls that many a WWII G.I. kept close to their hearts and dreamed of getting back home to.
Also represents "Nose Art" of Bomber and Fighter crews.

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

wca01 wrote:Although the lady in the picture is beautiful, is that an appropriate picture for these simulations. I mean, you are running a site for flight simulations, not a magazine for girls in scanty outfit. By the way, the Accu-Feel simulation is fantastic. Craig

The pic is pretty typical and represents the theme you might find on WW2 Nose Art.. I think it's appropriate.

They do make a good addon.

Welcome
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Post by Rusty Lock »

The pilot completes the aircraft, and the majority of aircraft A2A have thus far focused on, are of the WWII era. And so it's with the brave pilot, where it all started with nose-art - something which had apparently begun during WWI.

The military is about being uniform, to work as a team, and so this can have the knock-on effect of removing personalisation, individual identity. This I would imagine would make one seek to create some form of substitute, somehow, in order to relieve the stress of uniformity.

Many of these pilots were miles away from home, their families, and so on, that - combined with our tendency to personify objects - and having little in the way of personal items whilst at war, appeared to have led to pilots giving their regular aircraft names, particularly of their sweethearts, whether real or fantasy. I don't find it inappropriate at all, quite the opposite.

On that subject, I'm hard pushed to think of any nose-art that I could describe as crass, inappropriate, or downright offensive. In itself, it's a celebration of beauty, how fitting that it should be displayed on beautiful aircraft.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cannot really add to whats been said as they are pretty much spot on. The lady in question is in the style of a 1940's pin up, the kinda gal that have adorned aircraft from all nations since military aviation began, normally with a cheeky slogan.

Hell even the airliners have women on the nose these days, the virgin airways girls for example.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

While flight simming, all I see are aircraft, so I prefer to see other "curves" when readingthis forum :)

Though she look aerodynamical fit ;) she drags me alot - isn´t she nice looking with that innocent smile ?
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Plus, once we changed the logo for the forums to something else, and we were greeted with an angry mob the next morning demanding we bring her back :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Any visit to the beach or swimming pool is probably more offensive than that picture. Not that there would be anything offensive about women in swim wear (well I suppose that depends on the weight of the ladies in question. :D ). Loosen up! ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Do you know that is Heidis mother?!

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Took the words right out of my mouth Jigsaw
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”