Question on accufeel v2

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
bgrade
Airman Basic

Question on accufeel v2

Post by bgrade »

Hey guys and happy new year, I checked out the video of accufeel v2 and find the turbulence simulation rather interesting, and the way the aircraft behaves, it got me thinking if you guys think it would finally be possible to simulate wind shear and more importantly micro bursts when flying around thunder storms. I think it has been one aspect of weather simulation that has been marked as impossible to simulate accurately but now it seems you guys could do it. So can it be done and if so will you?

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Re: Question on accufeel v2

Post by Eric. »

Do you use any add-on weather systems? I have REX Essentials Plus and have a feeling that using it with Accu-Feel V2 might get what you're looking for. I've been in some gusty situations using REX and Accu-Feel V1. The demo video looks like this pair would do it for you. I think FSX's default weather doesn't get very aggressive with any kind of wind shearing/gusts.

bgrade
Airman Basic

Post by bgrade »

Hi

i currently use Activesky Enhanced, but what im talking about is something more than just shifting winds and turbulence, here is a video of what i am looking for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uD_eeKsrc4

I remember a small program made by LAGOSIM for FS2002 years ago which created this effect but it was abandoned for FS9 and FSX because of some .dll change.

edit: while ASE does insert updrafts and downdrafts into FSX, its hardly noticeable for the airliners i fly even when the intensity is maxed.

bgrade
Airman Basic

Post by bgrade »

anybody?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

bgrade,

Accu-Feel turbulence adds more feel to the existing weather conditions. The determination of when turbulence or wind occurs, has to come from FSX or a 3rd party weather program.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”