Just testing

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
I01
Staff Sergeant

Just testing

Post by I01 »

Using the P51 (both versions) I loaded Active Sky 2012 & set YBCG (Coolangatta) as my airfield in FSX. After takeoff & landing the wind in the gear sound is nice. I am interested in the "Chop" slider and in this flight I didn't notice much chop,just a small amount, but that was probably just because there might not be anything happening in reality either (AS 2012). I left the chop slider at 50 as default. Time will be the test, I'm not rushing out to fly in cyclones or other severe weather just to test Accufeel (yet :mrgreen: ).

Ian

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Just testing

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ian,

Yes, this is a turbulence enhancer. Turb needs to be there first, then it does it's magic.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Just spent an interesting evening trying out V2. I should start by saying that I've just got Opus DHM to play nicely with TrackIR etc. etc. Installed V2 and was pleasantly surprised..no, not surprised, because I was expecting, some really great ground roll/cabin sounds. Good work!

Comes now the 'however'.
Try as I might I could not get Opus turbulence and AccuFeel turbulance to get along. I understand one moves the head and one moves the plane but together, for me anyway, it resulted in what I can only describe as 'spasms', flicking screen as if Opus and AccuFeel were fighting for control. "It's MY turbulance" " No it's not, it's MY tur...."
Sadly one set of turbulances had to go and Opus won. Sorry.

If there IS an answer that allows me to run both, I'm all ears.

One thing that amused me was when I was taxiing a bit quick round a corner I found myself using the ailerons to stop me from tipping up. Never had to do that before!

Cheers, Ron
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ron,

There can't be any fighting. Accu-Feel is fully transparent. We also don't do any edits to the camera / head. We are moving the airframe and you can see in the video, the default FSX head movements respond well. I cannot speak to what another program may be doing with head movements, but this is the beauty of Accu-Feel, worst case, you can tune or even disable one feature as you wish.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Just testing

Post by Chunk »

Opus has a "bump aircraft" portion of there turbulence model that moves the airframe, and not just the head. I experienced the "spasms" with both Opus and Accu-Feel's turbulence effects on as well, and I'm sure they were playing tug of war with the flight model. I turned off Accu-Feel's turbulence settings (global turbulence, as well as chop, gust, and clean air turbulence) and now all is well. I get the main benefits I wanted with Accu-Feel 2.0 (water handling, ground handling, and noises), and got to keep the turbulence settings I like with Opus. Thanks to the sliders in Accu-Feel, I'm able to enjoy both!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Chunk wrote:Opus has a "bump aircraft" portion of there turbulence model that moves the airframe, and not just the head. I experienced the "spasms" with both Opus and Accu-Feel's turbulence effects on as well, and I'm sure they were playing tug of war with the flight model. I turned off Accu-Feel's turbulence settings (global turbulence, as well as chop, gust, and clean air turbulence) and now all is well. I get the main benefits I wanted with Accu-Feel 2.0 (water handling, ground handling, and noises), and got to keep the turbulence settings I like with Opus. Thanks to the sliders in Accu-Feel, I'm able to enjoy both!
Scott, I did say as if they were fighting. All I can report is what I saw on my screen. Chunk, as said in another place...Ditto, ditto and ditto. :D
I am an extremely happy bunny. The very fact you (Scott) had the foresight to make things optional means joy and merriment to all simkind. :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd also add that we have OPUS and Accu-Feel v2 customers running a ok using both the turb enhancements hand in hand and posting on these very forums, so wonder what else is at play here?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Lewis - A2A wrote:I'd also add that we have OPUS and Accu-Feel v2 customers running a ok using both the turb enhancements hand in hand and posting on these very forums, so wonder what else is at play here?
And I will add.. :D I couldn't just sit back and accept half 'n' half. So I updated the TrackIR drivers(5.2.0.1 is available) reinstalled them into C:/NaturalPoint instead of Programs(x86)(grasping at straws here!) poked and fiddled and cussed. I even polished the TrackClip Pro and camera, that's how manic I was getting.

Fired up FSX with Opus DHM and AccuFeel full on. It flaming well worked!
I know that's not the way to troubleshoot because I don't know what cured it, but y'know what? I-don't-care! :D :D

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Just testing

Post by Chunk »

Maybe I'll give it a try with updated TrackIR drivers...

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Having slept on it, I wonder if, over the course of the years, TrackIR became corrupted with all the updateds etc. The new folder is much tidier! :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

computers, cant live with them, cant live without them :twisted:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”