Testing RV and Accufeel V2

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Hey Guys

I was testing out Accu-Feel V2 with the RV Queen this morning. it is even better than V1, the turbulence really feels more 'alive'...alive like you shouldn't have your airspeed deep in the yellow arc kind of turbulence...it was tripping the ELT. This adds such a nice dimension to flying little planes like this RV.

Great work guys!

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Testing RV and Accufeel V2

Post by Ron Attwood »

Terrific paint TJ. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Wow... the RV must be one of the ugliest aircraft ever. I don't mean the FSX model - I'm sure it's an accurate model and simulation - but the actual real aircraft. It almost looks like a caricature that is trying to make fun of another plane. That RV could be the best simulated aircraft in all of FSX, but a fugly bird like that will never ever set its tires into my hangar. I'm shallow like that. :lol:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I actually find that plane to be rather nice looking. I see simple efficiency. I guess the old saying rings true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

You're missing out Jigsaw, the Swiss Army knife of aircraft is beautiful. ;)

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

you know its funny, before the RV was released, I saw the development screenshots, and that, its a nice plane but it didn't jump out at me as somthing I 'had' to have. Then I read about what it could do, and it's performance figures, it is a very efficient little plane that takes me wherever I need to go when I am not pounding the sky in the awesome A2A warbirds. To give you an idea of it's design efficiency, stall speed dirty is 58mph IAS, Vne is 230mph IAS...and it will get in and out of 800' strips comfortably while being aerobatic capable...all while powered by the little Lyc. O-360.

I can usually get 800nm trips out of it with an average of 160kt TAS at economical power settings leaned rich of peak. The Lancair Legacy is faster and sleeker...while a very fine airplane at that, it won't get me into the kinds of airstrips I want to go to :)

Form follows function. 8)

Sure, the RV isn't Spitfire or Staggerwing beautiful, but I don't think it is PC-6 ugly either...and the PC-6 is one awesome machine and has some unmatched capabilities. Matter of fact it kind of reminds me of the BF-108 and a lot of German designs in general where efficency and function take priority over form...the form generally just ends up as whatever the function and efficiency dictates it to be. Sometimes the form is 'beautiful', sometimes it isn't, but you know you will get a very efficient and very capable airplane from that design philosphy.

From a repainter's standpoint, its a great canvas to paint. The P-51 and RV are my personal favorites to paint, the shape of the plane lend themselves well to a wide variety of aircraft scheme 'styles'...go download Ron's beautiful RV
paints and you will see what I mean. :D

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Hm... I'm not quite convinced, because I can get the Legacy into pretty short strips. ;)

Scott - A2A wrote: I guess the old saying rings true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Oh, definitely. For me the Boeing Stratocruiser, the A-10 Warthog and the PBY Catalina are among the most beautiful aircraft that I can think of, while others swear on their lives that they are the ugliest aircraft in existence. :D

p.s.: and I like the looks of the PC-6 as well
Happy Landings
- Patrick

FlyingGuido
Airman Basic

Post by FlyingGuido »

Being the proud future owner of an RV-6A, the RV-7 is gorgeous! (Just can't wait for my dad to lose his medical so it's mine!). Want a good idea of what an RV can do? Just type in Team RV on YouTube.

By the way, great pics. Makes for good pilot ?????!
ImageImageImage

"Only in death does duty end."

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

FlyingGuido wrote:Just can't wait for my dad to lose his medical so it's mine!
Lovely... your concern for your Dad's health and happiness is really touching.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Racartron
Airman

Post by Racartron »

I'm sure he only meant it the nicest of ways :roll:
Racartron
"it means something but I can't remember what"

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”