No Stall AOA for Aerosoft PBY Catalina.

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
aal763
Airman Basic

Post by aal763 »

Hey guys,
First of all I'd like to say that this is a wonderful product. I was really hoping to use this product with the Aerosoft Catalina, as it doesn't have any touchdown noises or anything. The sounds are great and all, but I noticed that the Catalina doesn't have a stall AOA in the Accufeel settings. Any ideas on where I might find this, or if what anybody else uses?

Best Regards,
Rob

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: No Stall AOA for Aerosoft PBY Catalina.

Post by Scott - A2A »

I don't follow. Do you mean the slider is there but you cannot operate it, only in the Catalina?
A2A Simulations Inc.

aal763
Airman Basic

Post by aal763 »

No the slider is there. However, the stall AOA is set to None. I was just wondering how the program comes up with these? Is it from the aircraft.cfg? Anyways, I was wondering as to what I should set it at to make it the most realistic?

Best Regards,
Robert

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It looks to the aircraft.cfg info, and if it finds a value that it thinks is wrong, then it estimates it, which is why I am wondering how it's set to 0.

I would try setting it to 15 deg AoA and do some stalls, then adjust.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

aal763
Airman Basic

Post by aal763 »

Will do. Thanks for the help.

Rob

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I flew the Cat extensively in A/F beta... no problems... just set the AOA to 14-16 deg and it should work fine. I think from memory mine is at 14.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

I've noticed some options are disabled when running Accu-Sim aircraft. AoA being one of them. I had this on the Spit last night. I don't know if its the same issue.
Kind Regards
Simon

P-51 Mustang + ACCU-SIM - Spitfire MK1&MK2 + ACCU-SIM - P-40 Tomahawk + ACCU-SIM - Piper J3 CUB + ACCU-SIM - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - C172 Trainer - ACCU-FEEL V2

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sizel wrote:I've noticed some options are disabled when running Accu-Sim aircraft. AoA being one of them. I had this on the Spit last night. I don't know if its the same issue.
Remember Accu-Feel is a hint of a full accu-sim package. The spitfire already has this and its finely tuned to the Spitfire MkI so its not required for accu-feel
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BertAtHome
Airman

Post by BertAtHome »

I remember that Aerosoft announced some unorthodox settings to the various parameters to work-around some specific behavior of this special flying boat. May be this helps explain?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Image < Slow - Fast > Image

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Sizel wrote:I've noticed some options are disabled when running Accu-Sim aircraft. AoA being one of them. I had this on the Spit last night. I don't know if its the same issue.
Remember Accu-Feel is a hint of a full accu-sim package. The spitfire already has this and its finely tuned to the Spitfire MkI so its not required for accu-feel
Thanks for that Lewis. So do you mean that when sliders are already off in AccuFeel V2 whilst using a Accu-Sim aircraft that is normal as Accu-Feel has detected Accu-Sim and realises that those effects are not required and don't need to be tampered with. So sliders that are activated can be used and adjusted as normal like with any other non Accu-Sim aircraft?

I don't usually use Accu-Feel with Accu-Sim because as you say its a hint of Accu-Sim but reading that the two can be used together seems quite interesting and i might start to use them both.
Kind Regards
Simon

P-51 Mustang + ACCU-SIM - Spitfire MK1&MK2 + ACCU-SIM - P-40 Tomahawk + ACCU-SIM - Piper J3 CUB + ACCU-SIM - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - C172 Trainer - ACCU-FEEL V2

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”