Shake Down Flights

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
I01
Staff Sergeant

Shake Down Flights

Post by I01 »

Time has been short since loading Accufeel v2 but tonight I managed to squeeze in a short 45 minute flight using the latest beta SP2 update for AS2012 (don't usually do the beta thing but thought I'd live life on the edge this time :mrgreen: ). We've had lots of hot and windy weather in my part of the world so I thought that might be interesting. The wind is not excessive at about 12 to 18 kts but it is gusty and as I thought provided some turbulence. Tamworth (YSTW) has a real weather stn in AS2012 so that's where I loaded the P51 Civilian for this flight and a quick dash out to Mt Sandon vor (MSO) up to 7,500'. My opinion is that accufeel v2 has certainly changed the way my aircraft in FSX handle turbulence and it's in a positive manner. Default FSX hasn't done the lighter turbulence (chop as in accufeel) very well but it does it better now. Even Active Sky has never captured what accufeel has done in v2.

The G-meter was working over time,and through a wide range,even though the turbulence was light to mild. I was also hearing a constant clicking sound which might have been the meter as it seemed in unison with the meter's needle movement. I think someone has mentioned the clicking thing in another post. I'm not sure that the "choppiness" would cause the G-meter needle to deflect that much or not, maybe someone with some real P51 experience might have that answer. It's no big deal.

I'm looking forward to flying in more real weather over the next few weeks.

Regards
Ian

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Shake Down Flights

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ian,

I would not spend any time thinking of the g-meter behavior as the meter itself likely has no physics to it.

Scott,
A2A Simulations Inc.

I01
Staff Sergeant

Re: Shake Down Flights

Post by I01 »

Scott

Thank you for your speedy reply.

I'm not concerned about the gauge, more so the clicking that may be associated with it. Even that doesn't bother me except that someone else has noticed it too. It could be something just rattling or clicking as the aircraft moves. If it were my own real aircraft or any motor vehicle I'd want to find it though. It's like those "dash rattles" you get in cars, some you never find, let alone fix. :mrgreen:

One point of interest I just noticed is that when I set up another flight in the Real Air Lancair I had a perfectly smooth flight! I'm not sure AS2012 injected the same weather as that of my P51 flight (separate flights). When I got AS2012 working the Lancair didn't do much at all. My point is that because we are dealing with numerous programs (variables) we haven't got much consistancy so we have to be vigilant when comparing results. There's hardly any two of us with the same software :)

Edit: On a third flight without AS2012, with the wind and light turbulence set myself, the clicking was not evident. :wink:

Ian

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”