''Slippin' and Slidin''

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

''Slippin' and Slidin''

Post by Warbirds »

When Little Richard sang "Slippin' and Slidin'' back in the day I am sure he was thinking of flying FSX with Accu-Feel. After the new update I am livin' out his song and lovin' it! From the first Ms Flight Simulator I have been put off by the unrealistic sensations of flight it portrayed, the complete lack of the feeling of "being there". But now things have changed thanks to Scott and company.

I have flown light aircraft and sometimes it can be quite a ride if the air is bumpy. In the real plane you feel all axis in movement as you roll over those invisible hills and valleys, up, down, sideways, anyways. I always bumped up the turbulence in Flight Sim to try to feel the feelin' but never quite got there. The first Accu-Feel helped and I knew we were gettin' there and now with the new "Feel" I am feelin' it.

I took the good old A2A B-17 up for a test and got into some great air near the mountains. The old girl was showing me that things were different now and those nice quit flights that let me take a short nap were gone. I watched the altimeter as the grand lady rose and fell, slipped and swished her tail and, in general, turned into a bit of a roller coaster ride near those ridges. The altimeter and climb gauge were fun to watch as she put her nose down a bit and we lost 300 or so feet and then rose a 100 or so and then back down, and up, and - yeah.

It was getting very familiar and close to my summer day flights in the 150, in fact I think this is the first time I felt the tail swish back and forth in any sim. I love it and thanks for getting me closer to the air.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

nhill40
Airman

Re: ''Slippin' and Slidin''

Post by nhill40 »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't find those mountains in Ioway...unless maybe somebody stacked up a bunch of Maid-Rites or something... :wink:

I just added Accu-Feel to FSX for the first time, and I'm very impressed. My impression so far is that Accu-Feel adds in all of the little things that are missing in the stock game that take away from the sensation of real flying. It's really quite remarkable - I don't think there is any one thing that Accu-Feel adds that is hit-you-over-the-head obvious, but taken altogether, all the little tweaks really transform the experience.

It's still not real flying - nothing can reproduce that sensation but...well, real flying! - but Accu-Feel takes FSX a helluva lot closer to hitting the mark. Well done!

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”