aircraft behaviour in mountains with accufeel on...

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
cvearl
BDG

aircraft behaviour in mountains with accufeel on...

Post by cvearl »

Does accufeel actually detect if you're flying over mountains and do something differently. It always seems that when I fly over the mountains the turbulence is more extreme and I didn't think that fsx had a way of actually producing turbulence in mountainous terrain or that would be any different than flying over flat rain yet when I do fly over mountainous terrain, I do find Accu feel is actually pushing the plane around a lot more. Is this is my imagination?

budo
Airman First Class

Re: aircraft behaviour in mountains with accufeel on...

Post by budo »

cvearl
IMHO I think it does. Was up in the Calgary Alberta area scooting around the mountains (beautiful scenery) and I noticed my Beech bouncing around a little and if I remember right I did not have "real world weather" set just using "fair weather" setting. It surprised me but I think it was great. Have accufeel on. 8)
Budo 8)

cvearl
BDG

Post by cvearl »

I notice when I get too close to the tops of the ranges when I hop over, I get alot of banging around. Now. I have only flown through the moutains 3 times in real life. Twice in a Mooney M20 and once in a Cessna 210B (right seat I have not gotten my licence yet) and the day I was in the Mooney we had alot of bumps and bangs and elevator rides. The other bumpy ride was with a friend recently in his 1965 Piper Cheroke C 180 and it was in thee foothills just SW of CYBW on the Edge of the rockies and we were at about 6000 feet. Bumpiest ride I have had yet.

Sometimes since I got Accufeel, I get that near the Rocks as well. Now... I dont know if it is Accufeel detecting the Rockies? Or now that I think of it, I'm guessing it is Rex Essentials injecting Turbulance and Accufeel reacting and adding the bumps to the plane.

Neat effect but with REX Latitude keeping score, my scores are taking a pounding.

Charles.

I01
Staff Sergeant

Post by I01 »

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Accufeel only read the weather, and thus turbulence, from what FSX already has or what other weather programs inject into FSX? I'm guessing Accufeel isn't looking around for mountains but reading what FSX has done for mountains (if anything). Programs like AS2012 have settings for weather effects which are influenced by terrain which probably get injected into FSX weather somehow and then Accufeel would react to that "stuff". That's only my theory. :|

Ian

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”