Just a thought

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
AhunterG
Airman

Just a thought

Post by AhunterG »

Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible but I would assume that it is? Some how using the computers webcam to create head movement depending on the direction your eyes look. Say if you move your eyes right, the view in the cockpit will pan to the right same with other directions obviously. Not sure if people would like the idea or not but its just a thought......Might add a little more realism to the experience?

Andrew.

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: Just a thought

Post by Pistonpilot »

There have been a few attempts to do that sort of thing, though I myself am a satisfied owner of both the TrackIR IV and TrackIR V units made by these fellows: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/ . These devices do what you're asking by tracking head movement with a special infra-red (IR) sensor, though I have also heard of some attempts to use standard PC cameras to do similar things. Not really what you were asking, I know, but as far as head tracking goes, the TrackIR guys have my vote! :)

Hope this helps!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

AhunterG
Airman

Post by AhunterG »

Wow!!! Thanks so much for that Ian. Just checked out their website and some of the demo videos, seems as though that would be the product to get. Once again thank you very much for your input :)

Andrew H-G

serolrom
Airman Basic

Post by serolrom »

You can give a look at http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm
Honestly, I didn´t get it to work, but I didn´t put much effort on it either since I don´t usually have much time. Might be an alternative, just because it´s free. You probably can´t compare it to the TrackIR for the same reason...

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”