AS 2016 Turbulence Effects

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
AdamMidsUK
Airman Basic

AS 2016 Turbulence Effects

Post by AdamMidsUK »

Hi there

I'm looking at purchasing Accu-Feel for FSX having loved my Cherokee for over a year. However I am also an owner of AS2016. I have read another query on this forum where it is stated that ASN works great with Accu-Feel as Accu-Feel simply creates more realistic aircraft responses to the weather AS creates.

However, AS2016 also produces Microburst simulation and improved turbulence from weather conditions, wake and landscape geometry. I'm just wondering if it achieves this through the same mechanism as Accu-Feel and if so, how this would affect use. IF it did, I understand you can turn down (off?) turbulence in Accu-Feel... but would doing so also turn down/off settings for AS2016?

Thanks for any thoughts you can offer on this.

Adam

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: AS 2016 Turbulence Effects

Post by Killratio »

Adam,

Not to cheat Scott of sales... But accufeel generally does not add anything to Accusim. So if you are already flying the Accusim Cherokee, you don't need Accufeel.

But if it is another cherokee you're flying, I would disable turbulence effects in one or the other. People report wild "events" in AS2016 so I would probably turn turbulence down in that... But personally I've never had trouble with ASN and accusim aircraft.

I don't use accufeel except for testing, as i fly exclusively Accusim aircraft but during testing it was very stable and I had no "wierdness"

FWIW

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Accu-feel can enhance what is already there. It will work fine with Active sky but as noted you might want to turn Active sky settings down a touch anyway and you can do similar to Accu-feel.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AdamMidsUK
Airman Basic

Post by AdamMidsUK »

Thanks for the replies!

Darryl - Sorry I wasn't very clear... I meant to imply that having enjoyed the Cherokee I would like Accufeel for my other none Accusim aircraft.

Lewis - Thanks - sounds like I will be able to adjust the effects from either independently then.

Cheers

Adam
"My soul is in the sky." - William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', Act V. Scene I

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes for sure and as an Active sky and Accu-feel users I can tell you that for sure you will end up tinkering to suit your needs.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

From a technical POV, Accu-Feel senses the turbulence and adds detail / resolution to that effect. It also adds the occasional, for no reason, clear air turbulence, so it should play well.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”