Accu-Feel Sliders Help

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Accu-Feel Sliders Help

Post by DatDudeMIC »

So, I just bought Accu-Feel for FSX, and I need some help getting it set up. What is the right configuration for the sliders for a realistic feel with GA aircraft?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Feel Sliders Help

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the sliders are set per aircraft by default you can then edit and tweak as you see fit.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

Hi, I don't know if this topic is too old, but I too have a question about the Angle of Attack Stall Slider. I've only used Accu-Feel so far on one plane, Alabeo's PA31-350 and when I checked Accu-Feel with it, it did indeed have a preset value for AoA (12.5 I think). I left it there, but I'd like to know how Accu-Feel determines this? I can't find any documentation for any airplane, real or sim, which talks about such a thing. Yes, I can find plenty of theory about AoA, and I can find stall speeds, but as we know, a wing can stall at virtually any speed by exceeding AoA. Thanks for your help! :D

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

The only non-A2A airplane that I fly with any regularity is the Manfred Jahn C-47 v3.14. Great airplane. I used to have Accu-Feel back in my FSX days, and bought it again after it came out for P3D v4. It made my C-47 feel more alive. Especially on roll axis when taking off in a gusty crosswind! All that is great. Still, the cabin wind-noise was a tad high, so I turned down the slider a bit.

That's how it works.

Seeya
ATB

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Mawingo28 wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:31 Hi, I don't know if this topic is too old, but I too have a question about the Angle of Attack Stall Slider. I've only used Accu-Feel so far on one plane, Alabeo's PA31-350 and when I checked Accu-Feel with it, it did indeed have a preset value for AoA (12.5 I think). I left it there, but I'd like to know how Accu-Feel determines this? I can't find any documentation for any airplane, real or sim, which talks about such a thing. Yes, I can find plenty of theory about AoA, and I can find stall speeds, but as we know, a wing can stall at virtually any speed by exceeding AoA. Thanks for your help! :D
This is not a definitive answer but there is a table in the .air file that has a curve that shows the lift at various angles of attack. The Accu-Feel number probably is extracted from this table.

Hook

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mawingo28 wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:31I've only used Accu-Feel so far on one plane, Alabeo's PA31-350 and when I checked Accu-Feel with it, it did indeed have a preset value for AoA (12.5 I think). I left it there, but I'd like to know how Accu-Feel determines this? I can't find any documentation for any airplane, real or sim, which talks about such a thing.
AccuFeel takes a look at the airplane's characteristics like engine power, wingspan, weight, etc. and estimates it's approximate stall speed and sets this accordingly. It usually works pretty well, but can work better on some aircraft than others. Worst case you can just play with the slider while in the sim and adjust it to your liking.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

Wow, thanks a lot. This explains a great deal about how that AoA factor is calculated. I'm not much of a computer techie, but have been gradually getting into adjusting aircraft .cfg files, don't know much about the .air files, can't open them at present, my machine says it doesn't have the program. Thanks again for clearing that up. :D

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”