A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change coming soon

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change coming soon

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Notice of downtime 5th Feb 2019

Hello everyone,

As part of our modernisation here at A2A Simulations we will be upgrading and changing the forums to a new system on the website Feb 5th. The new forums will resemble the current ones here and we are doing out best to get as much data moved as possible. However to make this as painless as possible here is some information existing forum users might want to know;

- The new system uses the store/website login, so if you don't have a store/website account yet now is a great time to sign up

- If you wish to have the existing forum data tied to your account please make sure your email addresses match each other. ie, the forum email address is the same as the one for your store account.

- Users will lose their Private Message data, so if you have anything you wish to keep in your PM's please do back this up to your own documents.

- The first iteration of the new forum will be the base forum, with basic search and profile features. Once this is live and in use we will then over time add extra features as needed.

Before we go live we will publish some helper guides showing users how to add signatures, profile pictures, messaging, etc.

We hope you like the new changes we have coming and we will do everything we can to make the change as trouble free as possible. The completion of the forum move is a big step for us at A2A in the boring admin side of things and means we can then move forward on some other rather more exciting projects.

many thanks,
Lewis - A2A Simulations
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Simulations - Forums downtime/change over Feb 5th

Post by Medtner »

I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Will topics that we’ve bookmarked or subscribed to transition over also? Or will we “loose” them?

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

OK,

Store and forum emails - match. :)
Will We retain our forum usernames?

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Mark - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Mark - A2A »

Hello guys,
TBryson2 wrote:Will topics that we’ve bookmarked or subscribed to transition over also? Or will we “loose” them?

TB2
Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.
LZ-WIL wrote:OK,

Store and forum emails - match. :)
Will We retain our forum usernames?

Cheerz,
Vladi
If you do not have an existing store account, a new account will be automatically created for you using your existing username. If you currently have a store account using the same email address, your store account username will remain the same, as it cannot be overwritten during the import process. However, you may update your forum display name on our new forums to whatever you wish, including your original username. We will provide instructions on how to update that information in our help guide.

If anyone has any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Mark

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I log on to this forum using a username , but for my store account i only use my email , along with the different passwords , i have no wish to have my email put into a new forum for general display , how do i get my forum username transfered to the new forum , as that is one of my methods for doing serches for problems , that i have replied to.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Alan,

no email will be displayed anywhere. You can set your display name on the store to whatever you wish it to be and that will be your name on the forums.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Medtner wrote:I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?
Hello,

the issue might still be present with Hotmail I haven't checked recently with a Hotmail account. The issue is lessened with the new systems anyway so you should be fine. Worst case is a PM to me asking for help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Medtner wrote:I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?
Hello,

the issue might still be present with Hotmail I haven't checked recently with a Hotmail account. The issue is lessened with the new systems anyway so you should be fine. Worst case is a PM to me asking for help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I changed over to my old Hotmail-adress again, and will monitor it the next days. If I get a notification on this topic (which I "follow"), can I assume it works then?

Erik
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I am not at all looking forward to the change. Of all the forums and web sites I visit regularly,
the A2A Forum is the fastest in terms of loading by a good margin over all the others.

The layout is straight forward and easy to navigate. Again, forum replies load very quickly and
even those with JPGs attached load fast.

All too often these changes result in degraded performance as the new site contains a lot of
useless eye candy and content that doesn't add anything that isn't already provided and seems
to only serve as a playground for Kode Kiddies. The recent versions of Firefox are examples
of this sort of 'improvement'.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! :( :x

Paul

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

Will the new forum still work the same in Taptalk? Looking forward to the change but I like being able to just click on Taptalk from the couch.

Thanks,
Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Gypsy Baron wrote:I am not at all looking forward to the change. Of all the forums and web sites I visit regularly,
the A2A Forum is the fastest in terms of loading by a good margin over all the others.

The layout is straight forward and easy to navigate. Again, forum replies load very quickly and
even those with JPGs attached load fast.

All too often these changes result in degraded performance as the new site contains a lot of
useless eye candy and content that doesn't add anything that isn't already provided and seems
to only serve as a playground for Kode Kiddies.

If it ain't broke, don't fix

+1 Most definitely
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rhenson529 wrote:Will the new forum still work the same in Taptalk? Looking forward to the change but I like being able to just click on Taptalk from the couch.

Thanks,
Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
taptalk wont be needed anymore the forums will mobile scale without the need for the app.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Mark - A2A wrote:Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

Mark
That's bad news. I have shortcuts to over 100 topics with what I consider to be important information of some kind. If I understand correctly, all those topics will be gone, for good?

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Mark - A2A wrote:Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

Mark
That's bad news. I have shortcuts to over 100 topics with what I consider to be important information of some kind. If I understand correctly, all those topics will be gone, for good?

Steve
Unfortunately your shortcuts will be gone but the topics shall remain and move over to the new forums.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”