ambient sound with engines cut

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
tweeter2369
Airman Basic

ambient sound with engines cut

Post by tweeter2369 »

I know there are several topics that discuses this issue however I've yet to find an actual answer. I've tried disabling accu-feel but problem is still there. The sound begins when ever I load the initial start point of my free flight in fsx. I can not mute the sound in fsx or accu-feel. I was able to move the sound without moving the a2a Cessna sound which could help locate the issue. When I changed the default sound to my tv the ambient sound left my headset and moved to tv however the Cessna engine sound did not move to the tv it stayed in my head set. I know that is because the Cessna needed to be reloaded after i made the default sound change. Just so you know the sound not just on the a2a Cessna but all aircraft including the pmdg 777. I will list my addons just incase it might be a different addon. If a vid is needed I will try and use shadow play for the first time and get you one. Any help would be great. The sound is making it very hard to make out ATC when flying.

real air duke real v2
a2a all aircraft
a2a accu-feel
pmdg all aircraft
ftx global and vectors
fsdreamteam gsx kjfk kord kfll kdfw
flightbeam ksfo
fuscip
fscaptin

hardware
memory 32g 2300 ddr3
graphics 2 780gtx
i7 420 OC
SSD 500g Samsung pro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ambient sound with engines cut

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve but from the sounds of it you just want to pipe your FSX ATC through your headset? This can be done in windows.

edit;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sECCQkmGF8M

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tweeter2369
Airman Basic

Post by tweeter2369 »

Sorry for the confusion. The problem is with the ambient sound that occurs after install of accu-feel with the engines off. I've tried disabling accu-feel but the problem still remains. I can not mute it through fsx either. The 172 is fine prior to installing accu-feel. I've turned down the volume also on the 172 gui interface via shift+3 and ambient sound still remains. Its the ambient sound I am trying to remove. Any Ideas.? I've thought about uninstalling accu-feel but I would prefer someone let me know if there are any procedures i need to follow to accomplish the task to prevent any issues arising.

Added a video to hear what I'm talking about.
http://youtu.be/lyXSXNlREoE

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Accu-feel is OFF by default when running an Accu-sim aircraft as its normally not needed. You can turn Accu-feel on off using the on/off button. Its also worth making sure you update to the latest versions of your products.

For the C172 its 1.6;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=38314

For Accu-feel its 2.09;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 90&t=34173

Also worth noting that some scenery come with sounds, so if using an add on scenery it could be the ambient sounds of the scenery.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tweeter2369
Airman Basic

Post by tweeter2369 »

I do worry that it could be the scenery but I don't know where to start to dig through them. I will try the updates and update thread. Thanks for the assistance.

tweeter2369
Airman Basic

Post by tweeter2369 »

Let me begin by saying A2A simulations is awesome. Not just from the great software they put out there but also the amazing customer support. Lewis was professional and extremely fast. A+++
Thanks Lewis!!

Anyway back to the issue. It was not Accu-feel, it was Klax from fsdreamteam. Not to say that they have bad software its rather good but apparently when I quit my last flight to lax I didn't close the aircraft door at that location letting wind noise in. This is fine; however when I loaded up at the next location the noise was hung. So I was able to fix it by going to lax opening the door and closing the door. I know it sounds crazy but it worked. Hopefully this will help anyone else with the issue.

Edited:
After my celebrating I noticed that after installing the update to c172 fscaptin controller was no longer installed on the aircraft. So I went and re installed it on the aircraft. And guess what came back. yelp that annoying sound. So I will be moving this thread over to them.

2nd Edit. If you are having this problem go to your fsx folder/fscaptin/sound locate file named bgair and rename it bgair.bak, keymike.bak, white.bak and your good to go.. WoW not sure why they even put that sound on there.

Thanks
Again.

I will leave the vid on youtube with this note as well.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”