After installing A-F A/L/S v2 windows wants 119 updates!

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
songsmyth
Airman Basic

After installing A-F A/L/S v2 windows wants 119 updates!

Post by songsmyth »

Hello All,
I just purchased and installed the Accu-Feel Air/Land/&Sea V2 on my windows 7 system running FSX. The system was has been auto updating since I got it. I did get some updates a day or so before I installed the Accu-Feel product and it was clean with all updates applied. Right after the A-F install I was suddenly presented with 119 important updates and 4 optional! When I look at my history, I don't see any of the "KBxxxxxx" numbers presented in this batch -however, many of these updates are dated 2013 / 2012 / 2010 and before!

Has anyone else experienced this situation? Would you recommend I just "hide" these or should I bite the bullet and spend an afternoon (possibly screwing up my machine - which happened the last round of updates).

As far as I can tell the A-F A/L/S product is working like a dream... I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can Get!

Cheers,
David

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: After installing A-F A/L/S v2 windows wants 119 updates!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Our product wouldn't cause this though it should be mentioned that MS have fixed a large loop hole this week so it could be this that has kicked your system into gear?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

songsmyth
Airman Basic

Post by songsmyth »

Thanks for the quick response Lewis, I really appreciate it. I had thought about that however, only 4 or 5 of the updates had 11/2014 as dates. So many are old - from as far back as early 2012! I haven't made any changes to my update policies either so I am quite baffled...

I'm a little hesitant to apply them as lately after installing updates, I find so many things are then going wrong or changing in my system, and not for the better! One of the last updates suddenly left my netgear wifi network adapter changed from 5GHz to 2.4 with about half the signal strength(?). The fix is to uninstall and reinstall so it's not the end of the world but... I really don't want to boot and find issues with my FSX sim setup (which has been running flawlessly)!

So what do any of you think regarding applying them? I value the experience and opinions of our community and would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions!

Cheers,
David

Intel I7,3.2 overclocked to 3.8 GHz 8 core, Liquid cooled system, 12Mb corsair ddr3 memory, 2 1Tb Hitachi Hd's, Nvidia GTX 680 Graphics Adapter, HP 32" HDMI display. Primary function is FSX cocckpit with Flight Master yoke, Saitek rudder pedals with Saitek : pre-flight switch panel, 2 seperate radio panels, autopilot switch panel, seperate tpm panel, "Cessna" trim wheel, and TrackIR 4 Pro 3D head tracker. FSX accelerated, FSGenesis US 10cm mesh under MegaScenery (AZ, CA, GA, LA, MS, NC,NM, plus many HiDef cities)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello David,

I would apply them otherwise you are open to attack. Always make sure your PC is updated to the latest OS for security reasons if for none others is worth it.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”