Accu-Feel Tire Squeal revisited

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
omnijet
Airman First Class

Accu-Feel Tire Squeal revisited

Post by omnijet »

I still am not getting tire squeal on Accu-Feel. I have deleted and re-installed several times. I have all the other effects... wind, drag, brake squeek, ground feel... but no tire squeal. My sound system is set correctly. Also, when I try to re-install, I get a message that a newer or equivalent program is already installed and new install not necessary. I have the B-17 with Accu-Sim and I get it there, but not with any other airplanes. :?: :?: :?:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Feel Tire Squeal revisited

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You mentioned in your last posting that this had been due to your sound settings in windows, has this changed again?

PS, you will get this with the B-17 as those are standard parts of the accu-sim packs. Remember Accu:Feel addsa hint of accu-sim to your hanger, so most of the features you will already have in the accu-sim packs as standard along with all the rest of the bells and whistles thats can only be done with an accu-sim pack.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

omnijet
Airman First Class

Post by omnijet »

I checked all of my sound settings in Windows and FSX. All OK. Tried a flight in a default FSX airplane, a Skyhawk, and got everything but tire squeal. Wind, brake squeak, terrain feel, door open effect, etc. OK, but no tire squeal even though set at 100%. Just a "thump". As I said, works fine with B-17 accu-sim.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, looked into this a little more and found an issue with the way FSX handles controllers.

Can you please check the null zones on your controllers as it could be that your brakes are 'ON' to some super small degree (Not enough to do anything other than make sure brake triggered events don't work correctly, in this case Accu-feel brake sounds) and so causing an issue in that the brakes are never triggered. You can avoid this issue by using a null zone with your controller/pedals.

Hopefully this sould see you getting your squeal back and should explain why all other triggered sound and visual effects are working just fine.

thanks,
Lewis

omnijet
Airman First Class

Post by omnijet »

Lewis, you guys are a geniuses. It worked. The brake null zone was several points open. I reduced it to 1 (the lowest value) and it worked! Brake squeal on all three wheels of FSX and Add-On airplanes. You guys are good!!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great Stuff 8)

It was actually Scott and Jakey who managed to get this one resolved :wink:

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”