Saving Parameters P3D v4

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
DJJose
Airman

Saving Parameters P3D v4

Post by DJJose »

After making changes to to my airplane I hit save in the Accu-feel for p3d v4 config. When I return, the parameters return to default. Any ideas?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Saving Parameters P3D v4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello DJJose,

Accu-Feel needs to be able to save .dat files to the folder "Documents\A2A\P3D\Feel" in order to save customised settings. If it's not able to write to this location for any reason (e.g. because of AV software or limited admin rights) this might explain the issue you're encountering.

Please can you check to see if there are any folders containing .dat files in this directory.

Thanks,
Nick

DJJose
Airman

Post by DJJose »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello DJJose,

Accu-Feel needs to be able to save .dat files to the folder "Documents\A2A\P3D\Feel" in order to save customised settings. If it's not able to write to this location for any reason (e.g. because of AV software or limited admin rights) this might explain the issue you're encountering.

Please can you check to see if there are any folders containing .dat files in this directory.

Thanks,
Nick
I checked the folder and there was a folder for all the airplanes I was testing, but the only one that had a .dat file was the default F22.

It seems to be saving for default, but not for payware.

DJJose
Airman

Post by DJJose »

I reinstalled and I still can't save the parameters. For now, I saved the Raptor, then copied the saved .dat file to the folder of the L39.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - that's strange. Do you use any other global add-ons for P3D such as add-on managers or programs which affect how the simulator is launched?

Also, which add-on aircraft have you tried with?

Thanks,
Nick

DJJose
Airman

Post by DJJose »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hmm - that's strange. Do you use any other global add-ons for P3D such as add-on managers or programs which affect how the simulator is launched?

Also, which add-on aircraft have you tried with?

Thanks,
Nick
I have FSDT Addon Manager, FSUIPC, EZDok, etc. I can try again by disabling them.

I have tried in several airplanes, but did not realize that parameters were not being saved.

Before I deleted the Feel folder, there were at least 10 airplane folders. I deleted the folders before re-installing so don't recall what I tried.

I'll try deactivating a few addons.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, please let us know how you get on.

I've tested both FSUIPC5 and EZdok with Accu-Feel with no apparent problems. However, I'm not able to speak for FSDT Addon Manager I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Nick

DJJose
Airman

Post by DJJose »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, please let us know how you get on.

I've tested both FSUIPC5 and EZdok with Accu-Feel with no apparent problems. However, I'm not able to speak for FSDT Addon Manager I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Nick
Great job Nick!

I disabled the FSDT Addon Manager by removing the folder for the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and now parameters are being saved.

Why would this happen?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, good that we seem to have found the culprit.

To be honest, I don't know anything about FSDT Add-on Manager and can't find any documentation on their site. However, if this software is editing add-on.xml files for third-party aircraft (or Accu-Feel itself), this may explain any issues.

Might be worth checking that you have the latest version of FSDT Add-on Manager installed.

Thanks,
Nick

DJJose
Airman

Post by DJJose »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, good that we seem to have found the culprit.

To be honest, I don't know anything about FSDT Add-on Manager and can't find any documentation on their site. However, if this software is editing add-on.xml files for third-party aircraft (or Accu-Feel itself), this may explain any issues.

Might be worth checking that you have the latest version of FSDT Add-on Manager installed.

Thanks,
Nick
I do have the latest version.

No worries. FSDT addon airports and GSX are so good that I do not mind a few minor inconveniences.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

I can confirm this...

Latest FSDT Addon-manager (Part of GSX) causes Accu-Feel not to proper save settings.

A workaround:

-P3D V4.3 not running
-Rename: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml to add-on.off
-Start P3D
-Select the aircraft that You want to adjust Accu-Feel settings for
-Load in sim
-Adjust Accu-Feel and click "Save & Exit"
-Close P3D
-Rename: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.off back to add-on.xml

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Just a question...

Will there be looked into this for a possible fix, maybe in cooperation with FSDT ?

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Because Accu-feel is transparent in its use and design and has been out for many years for FSX and now P3D just fine. Because of this FSDT are looking into things there end to try to see where the issue may be.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

severniae
Senior Airman

Post by severniae »

Any update to this?

I saw this post on their forum...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... ic=18332.0

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

There was nothing our end to fix, and we had issues trying to re-produce any issue. I think even FSDT had issues re-producing any issue in tests there end too.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”