Failures

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Failures

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Wonderful product. I own the piper cub with acu sim and was tempted to get more acu sim products just because of the immersion level of your acu sim products. I however held off because I am just not into war birds and aircraft of that era.
I always hoped that A2A would model more modern day air planes. (Wished for a Cessna 210)

With acu feel I have gotten a feel of what is possible if A2A applied themselves to such endeavor.

I wonder: Would it be possible to add a feature which would model various failures due to abuse? I mean, engine failure due to mismanagement, over heat due to failure to use cowl flaps. gear failure/damage due to over speed extension. etc. or even a more realistic random failure system than that provided by FSX.

I am begging some consideration for such a feature. Personally I would be willing to spend a few more dollars for such a product

Robin.

I think my Post should have been in the developers forum. dont know how to move it. sorry. :oops:
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

wdhurley
Airman

Re: Failures

Post by wdhurley »

RT, everything you are requesting is modeled with the other birds. I am a real-life J3 pilot, and it is very difficult to overheat or overstress the J3 other than climbing too slowly or at too steep of an AoA. Just this morning, I was idling on the taxiway in the 377 getting my cockpit ready and forgot to adjust the cowl flaps and actually had an engine fire. A2A is very very in depth with these such failures. I was teaching a friend to fly the B17 on my rig, and he lowered the flags at a high speed and burnt out the motor. You should give it a shot. You won't regret it.

Holdit
Airman

Post by Holdit »

I'd be happy to pay for a...let's call it "Accu-Hazard" product, that handled such items as engine (mis)management (for pistons and turboprops), icing, random failures, slick runways, terrain-related turbulence etc. Something that would work in the same way as Accu-Feel i.e. applicable to non-A2A aircraft.

Holdit
Paul

gogec1
Airman

Post by gogec1 »

Hey,

FYI ( for your information or how my boss says ?()^ you imbecil :)))

FS Passengers X simulates to some extend that kind of situations so take a look if you already haven't.

Best regards,

G

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Romeo_Tango wrote:Wonderful product. I own the piper cub with acu sim and was tempted to get more acu sim products just because of the immersion level of your acu sim products. I however held off because I am just not into war birds and aircraft of that era.
I always hoped that A2A would model more modern day air planes. (Wished for a Cessna 210)

With acu feel I have gotten a feel of what is possible if A2A applied themselves to such endeavor.

I wonder: Would it be possible to add a feature which would model various failures due to abuse? I mean, engine failure due to mismanagement, over heat due to failure to use cowl flaps. gear failure/damage due to over speed extension. etc. or even a more realistic random failure system than that provided by FSX.

I am begging some consideration for such a feature. Personally I would be willing to spend a few more dollars for such a product

Robin.

I think my Post should have been in the developers forum. dont know how to move it. sorry. :oops:
As I read your post I had to smile, remembering one day when I spent the better part of 3 hours dealing with a gear malfunction on a Cessna 210, an aircraft whose landing gear was apparently designed by engineers with a hatred for us poor pilots :-))))))))

I remain a bit puzzled by your requests concerning accusim as it appears to me anyway that what you are asking for is already in the accusim packages and is in fact the very heart of accusim.

Holdit
Airman

Post by Holdit »

gogec1 wrote:Hey,

FYI ( for your information or how my boss says ?()^ you imbecil :)))

FS Passengers X simulates to some extend that kind of situations so take a look if you already haven't.

Best regards,

G
I know, and I have it. I also have FSCaptain which does some of the stuff FSPassengers doesn't. It would be nice to have one item for the lot, though, especially if it included looking after the engines (which Real Engine 1.1 can do but only for pistons).

H
Paul

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Romeo_Tango wrote:Wonderful product. I own the piper cub with acu sim and was tempted to get more acu sim products just because of the immersion level of your acu sim products. I however held off because I am just not into war birds and aircraft of that era.

Robin.
Yes accusim does all this, but only for "accusim" aircrafts. I am wishing for something that would work for any aircraft. Something like acufeel.

Robin.

As I read your post I had to smile, remembering one day when I spent the better part of 3 hours dealing with a gear malfunction on a Cessna 210, an aircraft whose landing gear was apparently designed by engineers with a hatred for us poor pilots :-))))))))

I remain a bit puzzled by your requests concerning accusim as it appears to me anyway that what you are asking for is already in the accusim packages and is in fact the very heart of accusim.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”