!V1.09: Volume NOT saving [Now Fixed in 1.091]

Discussions about current features in development
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

!V1.09: Volume NOT saving [Now Fixed in 1.091]

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Went to try out the new feature of being able to save the Volume on a per aircraft basis. I changed the volume on the Md-11 from the default value of 75 down to about 30. I saved, and exited the aircraft and FSX. When I reloaded, the volume was back to 75. I repeated the process, and could not get this to save. Tried 3 times.

So ummm......

EDIT: Also repeated with default C172. Volume didn't save with that one either. Since this was probably the only immediately noticeable enhancement over 1.08, are you sure you uploaded the correctly updated version?

EDIT 2: Added "fixed" to title
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 15 Sep 2012, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Re: !V1.09: Volume NOT saving

Post by Wiqvist »

If you are talking about the 'master volume'(up in the left corner of the menue), so do I have the same, that it goes back to 75.

But I think we have got an update, you can check your version by going in to the A2a folder in your main FSX folder, there you will find one for Accufeel, and in there you will find a file named version, open that in notisblock for example and you will findout witch version you have. Also when you installed the update and when you the first time starting FSX you had to answer yes to a couple of questions about Accufeel, will tell you that you got an update. Then if all is included in the prerelease do I not know.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Wiqvist wrote:If you are talking about the 'master volume'(up in the left corner of the menue), so do I have the same, that it goes back to 75.

But I think we have got an update, you can check your version by going in to the A2a folder in your main FSX folder, there you will find one for Accufeel, and in there you will find a file named version, open that in notisblock for example and you will findout witch version you have. Also when you installed the update and when you the first time starting FSX you had to answer yes to a couple of questions about Accufeel, will tell you that you got an update. Then if all is included in the prerelease do I not know.

Yeah, just double checked. Its V.1.09, and the install was fine, new .dlls approved and all. Looks like the Volume Save is simply broken.

( :x :x :x GRRRRRR its been a bad week all 'round in Flightsimville!!!!! )

KelB
Airman

Post by KelB »

No - it does not save for me either.

In fact I cannot see any difference between V1.08 and V1.09 :o

Kelvin

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Sorry everyone, try v.1.091.

The main changes from v.1.08 to v.1.09 is core programming. There have been a handful of people reporting odd issues and we did some extra coding that hopefully addresses this.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Hi Scott,

v1.091 on my system is saving the volume switch, but as you know on my LDS 767 there are no brake sounds or anything that I use to have with v1.0 :cry:

Bob

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Okay, I verified the per-aircraft volume save ability in new version 1.091. I tested it on the md-11 and lds 767: The ability to save the volumes individually allows us to better equalize everything to accomodate the different sound designs of different airplanes. My complaints about overly loud "Thumping" on the ground roll and the inability to do anything about them is no longer a concern. So all is well (at least for moi) and Accu-Feel is now much more flexible/customizable as a result of this addition, imo.

The only thing I might note is that for all aircraft, the initial, and 'virgin' volume setting is now 0, whereas it used to be 75. This shouldn't be a problem for people (I hope :roll: :roll: :roll: )

EDIT: I would only recommend that the Tooltip to be updated to say from "global" to "global per aircraft" or some such to avoid confusion and that the manual be updated to reflect. Otherwise, this is great...for instance if someone were to own both the Ifly 737 and the PMDG 737, they could have the exact same physics slider settings but be able to balance the Accu-Feel sounds to accomodate two different sound designs. Simple change, but lots of utility here.

@Bobbyjoh: You might see what happens if you temporarily alias your 767 engine sounds to the default 737. I don't know about you, but I found the stock sounds for the 767 were simply not acceptable...they are probably made to FS2000 standards because that plane's legacy is ancient, don't know. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Accu-Feel is there, and working for you, but just that you can't hear it because its getting drowned out by a bunch of crap. If aliasing the engine sounds works, then consider getting a custom sound set for that aircraft.
Last edited by bigjuicyspider on 15 Sep 2012, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Funny you should say that, I long ago changed my LDS 767 sounds I use the TSS 767HD sound package and it is great. With V1 when I applied the brakes while taxing I could hear the brake sounds. I have not heard the thumping sounds either. I have not take off yet, with this latest 1.091 but just taxi around the airport.

Bob

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Re: !V1.09: Volume NOT saving [Now Fixed in 1.091]

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Probably the stupidest thing you'll hear all week, but so much in FS for me is like Goldilocks, where the the porridge is either too hot or too cold or just right. And the sound is no exception. Before this tiny little fix enabling the ability to save the volume to an individual aircraft, everything always sounded just a little bit off to me. But now we can tune things so they are just right.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

BJC,

Can you go into your DOCUMENTS / A2A / FSX / Feel folder and delete your Cessna 172 (just picking this as a test), and then load the Cessna 172. Can you verify that that your volume is then 75?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Yes, I can confirm: The re-virginized Cessna originaly defaults to 75, and then can be changed from there, so it looks like we're all good. (Sorry for the confusion there, I hadn't previously taken into account that all of my .dat files pre-dated version 1.091)

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Hi Everyone,

Like BJS :D I went into my documents folder and erased the two A2A files. When I started FSX up the AccuFeel settings for my LDS 767 were set to default and the master volume was 75. It took several clicks on the save and exit button to have them saved to the settings I changed including the 100% volume.

I did a quick taxi around ATL and heard a quick brake sound when I got my speed up to about 50. Again in v1 this would have been a brake groan. It was my understanding that these new versions would give a much louder sounds for large tubeliners like the 767.

Scott will look forward to hearing some update news.

Thanks

Bob

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Bobbyjoh, I was under the impression that you were'nt hearing Accu-Feel sounds at all with your 767. In any case, in a big ole Jet Airliner like the 767 you wouldn't hear the brake sounds even a little bit in real life. It sounds like you want something that is perhaps deeper, or more resonant, but "louder" might not be a good idea for a plane like this (imho)

I understand some of the problems you are having with the lds 767 sound. When I bought this plane, I found the stock sounds horrific. Like you, my immediate solution was to get a TSS sound pack. The main problem I found was this: I have a 4.1 speaker setup, 2 speakers in the rear. When I have a plane that has engines behind the cockpit, I don't want to hear those engine sounds coming from the front speakers, I want the engine sounds coming from the rear speakers...even the default aircraft do that. But not a single one of the TSS sound sets does that because they are all formatted as high definition Stereo, In order for FSX to rout things to the correct speaker channel, the sounds must be Mono. Even allowing for that though, I found that the TSS sounds drowned everything out...it seemed to me that they were going for an "enhanced" reality effect specifically catering to 2.1 sound systems. As such, I can imagine what you might be experiencing with your 767 and that it might interfere to a certain extent with your ability to hear Accu-Feel sounds.

In the end, I ended up borrowing the engine and wind sounds from another airliner with similar engines, and modified my sound.cfg by hand to incorporate those new sounds.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Hey BJS, It sounds like you want something that is perhaps deeper, or more resonant, is not a bad idea. It may not have to be louder however you would hear something when the brakes are pressed on, that was the intention of this update.

BTW, the sliders are there to change sounds for each individual taste. I just wished they worked.

Bob

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

bobbyjoh wrote:Hey BJS, It sounds like you want something that is perhaps deeper, or more resonant, is not a bad idea. It may not have to be louder however you would hear something when the brakes are pressed on, that was the intention of this update.

BTW, the sliders are there to change sounds for each individual taste. I just wished they worked.

Bob
No, you misunderstand. I thought YOU were the one that wants more depth and resonance! That was your idea, not mine :) I'm actually totally cool with everything the way it is now, and hope it stays that way, especially with the volume slider modification!

My usage of Accu-Feel is actually quite limited. I don't use any of the buffet effects currently, and I don't really have a clue what the Stall effects slider is for. On some smaller aircraft I use the Wind and Drag sounds, and the tire chirp and brake sounds. On the heavies though, my use of Accu-Feel is almost entirely limited to non-brake ground sounds and effects. In combo with Ezdok eyepoint effects, I use it to enhance the ambience of landing, takeoff, and rollout, and now that I can tune and equalize the Accu-Feel volume to match the specific needs of a individual soundset, such as for the md-11, I'm totally satisfied with everything.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”