Next Version of Accu-Feel

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Next Version of Accu-Feel

Post by Kilstorm »

Accu-Feel has done great things for all non Accu-sim planes inside the cockpit, but what about outside the cockpit?

What if A2A filled a missing sound area just like what they did inside the cockpit with a version designed for outside the cockpit. Anyone remember FSHotSeatFX and how it added better AI sounds of engines revving up for take off or the sound of reverses when they landed with touch down squelches? So yes better (and louder) AI sounds but wait theres more!

Instead of the scenery making the ambient noises of birds and dogs and that, why not have this next version do it where when the engines are running or say the avionics are on the sound is not present but when they are off you hear the outside environment noises. The sounds can be geared towards the type of planes like small GA will hear more bush type sounds and jets and Tprops more Class C and B types sounds. One can even have a check box of sounds for each plane or the ability to somewhat customize the sounds to the plane.

Another feature would be to have rain sound more realistic as on smaller planes it can sound almost deafening in certain conditions and planes. Also the added sounds of a plane cooling after landing might be something s well as the reduced sounds of putting headsets on like what we get in the C172.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Next Version of Accu-Feel

Post by Scott - A2A »

We've thought about ambient sounds, but if I'm not mistaken, Orbx scenery does add some environmental sounds? Also, if we re-did the rain effect, we would have to remove the existing rain effect, which would cross us over to actually modifying the FSX installation. Accu-Feel has been so reliable and compatible because we don't mess with any of the fsx installation files.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Scott the problem with the ambient sounds like in Orbx is that you hear them even flying over the field at 500 feet or when the plane is running on the ground. So the idea is that instead of incorporating that into the scenery, incorporate it into the plane. That way the sounds can be there when they should and you can have triggers to turn them off when you shouldnt be able to hear them.

Then there is a huge missing area in the AI department. Man FSHotSeatFX was awesome for that but that was for FS9. You could hear the planes roar on take off and and on touch down all the noises plus it added ground bumps and stuff Accu-Feel adds to the user plane. It was also adjustable by distance I believe so that you could hear them but only as far away as you would set the distance.

As for the rain, I get what your saying. It would be nice to have a better rain sound though.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

I'm really not a fan of this idea of incorporating ambient sounds into the aircraft. How would the aircraft be able to tell what type of airfield you were parked on - how many birds do you hear singing when you're in the middle of a large GA ramp compared to a small strip beside the tree line? How would the aircraft know?
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”