Two Questions Regarding P3D and Joystick -P51

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
BarryR
Airman First Class

Two Questions Regarding P3D and Joystick -P51

Post by BarryR »

I have the P51 for FSX-SE (A2A) as well as for X-Plane (Skunk-craft)..btw, no comparison to A2a..My question is is there any appreciable difference between an A2A FSX-SE and a P3D A2a Mustang...?? Does 64 bit actually make any difference in the P51 flight characteristics...? a n d

Is anyone flying a P51 in either P3D or FSX-SE using a Thrustmaster Warthog...?? I am contemplating buying one for DCS F-18 but only if it works well with the P51 (I mean programming and actual flight)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Two Questions Regarding P3D and Joystick -P51

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the platform change is the difference, obviously the platform changes some things, making use of the new things P3Dv4 allows. You should not notice any real FM difference, as its a simulation of the P-51D Mustang.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BarryR
Airman First Class

Post by BarryR »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

the platform change is the difference, obviously the platform changes some things, making use of the new things P3Dv4 allows. You should not notice any real FM difference, as its a simulation of the P-51D Mustang.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks for the response...Ill just keep FSX loaded for my A2a stuff then...!!! I too will (im)patiantly wait for your stuff on X-Plane !!! :D

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

@BarryR - I fly all my planes with the Warthog throttle and stick. It works great but isnt a twisty stick. I run with pedals too so the lack of rudder on the stick doesn’t bother me at all. But if you don’t have rudder pedal control somehow, the 51 will be a bear to get off the ground or taxi.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”