Requested Paints

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Requested Paints

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

Here is my request for the military P51D.
A Danish pilot, Kjeld Rønhof, flew with the 19th squadron in may 1945. His last operationel flight was in a Mustang MKIV(P51D) with the registration QV-S.

If any of you repaints experts have the time for it I would like a repaint of that aircraft.
I have photo of a Mustang wearing this paint :http://www.airpixbycaz.co.uk/cazsite/av ... st021.html

I don't have the serial number yet, I'm hoping to find it.

If its possible I would like to have two version, one of them with the text: Avenger and a Danish flag as Kjeld Rønhof had on his Spitfire when he was with 332 Norwegian squadron. I have the picture, but I'm not able to upload it. I'll mail it to any who will use some time to do this repaint.

Any takers???
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

I believe this repaint has been requested before, but I haven't seen it for the WoP3 Civ Mustang so this is another request.

I have many, many other photos for anyone interested in taking this on.

Thanks in advance

--WH

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Some more shots for inspiration...

There has got to be someone to take this on..... :shock:

--WH

Spamcan51
Airman First Class

Post by Spamcan51 »

shoot tom weiss an email about it.

liljim121
Airman

Post by liljim121 »

THIS IS A BIG REQUESTED PAINT! IM GUESSING YOU'VE ALL SEEN THE MEMPHIS BELLE MOVIE RIGHT GUYS?!

I think Tom Weiss/Bladerunner are best men to get the job done. Well looking through the internet of what original mustang was used during the filming of Memphis Belle flown by Mark Hanna back in the day including the Buchon in majority of the dogfight scenes. I needed to know what mustang was called and here it is! "Miss L" 8) As far as i know, i dont think theres not alot of mustangs out there that i know of that have a white nose and olive drab paint scheme. But this being my childhood movie of all time so this will be another big honor as youve done for me Marinell & Janie in the past which i thank you both very much, they are running as they should be 8)

So heres the Paint Scheme that was used in the film:

And the current paint scheme:

I know you guys can bring these to the table! Both Clean & Weathered! Thank you both so much for what youve bought to the community so far, they are incredible paint schemes!

Jim! 8)

PS. If you can change the colours on the propellers too from the paint scheme that was used in the film too shown here:
That would be the cherry on top of the cake! :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

PonyDriver
Airman First Class

Post by PonyDriver »

Ok, so, I went through all the posts, I can't seem to find what I am looking for
Has anyone done

Dakota Kid/Long Island Kid??

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

Awesome. Words cannot express gratitude enough lol. Just caught that one along with Andrew McKenna's last week here at CMH.

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

I have to upload a Swedish AF request this week and I'll do it next week, you were not the only one asking for it :D

Yo2slick
Airman

Post by Yo2slick »

Has anyone done Pistol Packin Mama from the 339thFG 505thFS? If not, I would love to have it done.

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/18912
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Any Chance of seeing the civilian mustang as Crazy Horse? Im serious when i say id pay money for this repaint lol.

And Maybe Excalibur as the military version?? Pretty Please??haha These two aircraft are special to me...would love to see what a good repainter could do with these.

Image Image

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Any chance for a repaint for the civilian version?
524 BMS, 379 BMW, WAFB, MI
346 TES/B-52 Test Flight
AFGA - RRVA

Image[/

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

I'd like to request a repaint of the Civilian P-51 registered as G-SHWN, which is also known as "The Shark". There are plenty of photos on airliners.net http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true and also its official facebook page https://www.facebook.com/p51theshark/?fref=ts

Would be much appreciated!

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Mustang01 wrote:Any Chance of seeing the civilian mustang as Crazy Horse? Im serious when i say id pay money for this repaint lol.

And Maybe Excalibur as the military version?? Pretty Please??haha These two aircraft are special to me...would love to see what a good repainter could do with these.

+1 for CrazyHorse (1 and 2) :)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”