Lucky Lady VII

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Lucky Lady VII

Post by jcblom »

The front looks real good, but the font for the squadron code and serial look way off to me.
why didn't you use the same technique you used for the noseart on the other codes?
I did post a pic of the correct font for the serials a while ago, but I forgot in which thread...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

I think the Squadron font is fine its just his font is bold where as the real is regular, and the serial numbers are the correct font? i have the file you sent me with them in it if youd like it?
ImageImageImage

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

As you say, the 5E and B are too bold, and the 5 is not the right shape, see the corner below the downward stroke. The serial on the tail is now in what looks like USAAF serial stencil, while on the example and real Musyangs, it was in a font exclusive for the P51, with a much thinner letter. Finally, I think the 3rd and 4th number are too close together.
Don't get me wrong, it is all meant as constructive criticism, when you've been looking at Mustangs as long as I have, you tend to notice things. I am not claiming my paints are perfect, but I do like it when people point out errors, so I can improve..
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

That paint was done about a year and a half ago, unfortunately I have long since deleted the PSD's for that scheme. Like I said in the original post, it wasn't exact, the paint came about because at the time I had done Denver Belle and had the 364th nose art in a layered file, so I also did Lucky Lady VII, Boogie's Burner, and N51DH from the suggestions of a friend.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/819db9.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/790bb5.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/880or1.jpg

Every paint project I do, I have to gauge how much time I want to spend on it vs time spent flying in FS. :D In LL's case, it was a 'good enough' judgment call because the Mustang was still a relatively new release then and I wanted to fly it too. 8) I did spend a lot more time on 'Stang Evil because I had more source photos at the time and it was for a special request.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/941ess4.jpg

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Some pictures of "Lucky Lady VII". May be someone can use it for a shiny repaint?! :)

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

I am currently busy with this paint. Unfortunately an urgent project took precident.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Having flown in the back and just bought the A2A Mustang this Xmas in the Sales, I am so pleased that now have this scheme and aeroplane in my sim.

Brings back some wonderful memories.

Thank you and Happy New Year to all,

Martin

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”