SCREENSHOTS (P-51 Civilian Mustang)

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Mnemonic
Airman Basic

Re: SCREENSHOTS (P-51 Civilian Mustang)

Post by Mnemonic »

Image Image Image Image Image

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Mnemonic wrote:Image
I really like this shot! I rarely get good shots from the cockpit, myself. Nice job!

-Ian

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Here it is my first paint.....
I will have it ready for download soon.....

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Available in the FINISHED PAINTS.

Enjoy.

matt_smith
Senior Airman

Post by matt_smith »

A few from todays flight from Port Macquarie to Cairns International all unedited.

A couple of edits

HesTNTonPMS
Airman Basic

Post by HesTNTonPMS »

Glamorous Gal is the most beautiful Mustang in existence today. . . .
Certainly is a Glamorous Gal in every way.
Did A2A release this paint or was that done by a member here ?

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

HesTNTonPMS wrote:Glamorous Gal is the most beautiful Mustang in existence today. . . .
Certainly is a Glamorous Gal in every way.
Did A2A release this paint or was that done by a member here ?
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Glamorous Gal was done by musicman and can be downloaded from this thread: http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 0&start=60
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

HesTNTonPMS
Airman Basic

Post by HesTNTonPMS »

Thank you Fragmentum, I was actually going to ask how I could get her,actually I guess I am asking what I need to buy in order to download that particular Paint?
Glamorous Gal used to belong to Robert Baranaskas, now it belongs to his son Chris,Robert was a friend of my friend Emil,Robert sadly passed away when practicing for an upcoming Air show back in 09 while piloting his Curtis P-40, another beautiful warbird. Robert was a great man,his son Chris is an awesome pilot and whoever did the repaint of Chris's Glamorous Gal did such an incredible job in my opinion,the Bird has changed slightly over the years as you probably know but anyway, back to my question, I do not have any of the A2A software, I have everything else but A2A, I have PMDG, VRS simulations yadda, Yadda but when I was browsing P-51 high detail software I came across a repaint of Glamorous Gal and it looks so dead on accurate I have to have it. If you could just tell me which software I need to add on to be able to download the repaint I would greatly appreciate it, Thank you and to Mr. Musicman, You have an incredible talent and an incredible attention to detail sir, I wish I had 1/100th your talent!

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Hi,

Musicman originally painted Glamorous Gal for the military version of A2A's P-51, a fantastic repaint! However, when A2A released the updated civilian warbird P-51, that included Glamorous Gal in the purchase, as she was one of the Mustangs used for development of this product. Also, forum member cdfi did a wonderful version of the same paint scheme, so you have choices! You can buy the civilian P-51 (I highly recommend with Accusim) and you will automatically have GG in a restored modernized version. Or you could buy the military version, which is authentic to the WWII period and then download either Musicman or cdfi's repaints. If you really like Mustangs you'll probably end up buying both military and civilian! I actually currently have both Musicman and cdfi's versions installed on my P-51s, as I really like them both!

Sadly, Glamorous Gal had a landing gear collapse in late 2011 and hasn't been seen since. There are rumors she was sold, or that she was parted out, but I've found no confirmation of that. The Warbirds Over Long Island Facebook page has had no activity in about a year. I'm hoping GG will reappear soon, as it is one of the best looking P-51's ever!

Joe

Edit: Here's the link to cdfi's version- http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=31759

And the link to Musicman's version- http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=30453
Joe

cdfi
Senior Airman

Post by cdfi »

Last edited by cdfi on 13 Jul 2013, 01:35, edited 4 times in total.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

cdfi- I just found this on google- looks like I'll be adding your white cockpit to Glamorous Gal! :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Ok, I chose white with black trim and floorboards... the black is just a guess as opposed to green or grey. I think it looks sharp.

2011 Glamorous Gal's new cockpit:

EDIT #2:

Found A2A's own video of Glamorous Gal from 2009, with a black panel with yellow trim, much like the stock civilian one, and green throughout the cockpit. So I guess at some point the interior got a big change, although I have no idea when the top photo I found was taken.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ8VhayEk7s[/youtube]

I'm gonna let my OCD take over and have a copy for each cockpit... 8) :lol:

2009 Glamorous Gal's cockpit:

I think I've covered all the bases :D

Joe
Joe

cdfi
Senior Airman

Post by cdfi »

Here is the cockpit I am using with Glamorous Gal since converting to the Civilian model.

and some patches
Download here (updated file): http://www.mediafire.com/file/9bz66gq7x ... 3_rev6.zip
for civilian mustang only

You can find photos of the real cockpit for viewing over at MyAviation.net.
Use the advanced search function for Registration: NL751RB and Category: Flight Decks (cockpits)

cheers,
cdfi
Last edited by cdfi on 08 Apr 2013, 04:33, edited 3 times in total.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

some new shots of the updated POW/MIA......The prop spinner now has colors closer to the flag on the plane....

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Update for Berlin Express is finished ( For now :mrgreen: )
Here are the screens....
Downloads are in the finished paints section....

cdfi
Senior Airman

Post by cdfi »

Last edited by cdfi on 15 Mar 2013, 11:31, edited 2 times in total.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”